Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many Mustang owners, 99 and newer, have had the driver's side window actuator go out on them as I have. I was told that this is a very common problem and an expensive one to get repaired, $450. I have asked fellow Mustang owners at gatherings about this problem just to see if they also had the actuator problem and surprisingly I have found quite a few who did. Ford told me several of their vehicles use the same type of actuator (e.i. Crown Vic) and guess what, the driver's side on my 2001 Crown Vic just went out as well. To add insult to injury, the Ford service department has the problem programmed into their service writer's program to automatically come up when they write up a service ticket. My question is; since the window actuator is such a common problem and wide spread, how come there has been no recall to repair? I love my Mustang, but repairs like this are getting expensive.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine seems to have a mind of its own. On several occasions I put the window down not to have it go back up. I usually have to wait 30 minutes and try it again then it works again. I've taken it to the dealership and they told me nothing is wrong. I have an 02 3.8 I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.