Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just trying to figure out which louvers are going to look the best on my stang. I am trying to go with the old style stang look. If anyone could help with websites or personal opinions of which ones to buy and which ones to stay away from I would appreciate th input.

·
Registered
229 Posts
TIMS06STANG said:
I am just trying to figure out which louvers are going to look the best on my stang. I am trying to go with the old style stang look. If anyone could help with websites or personal opinions of which ones to buy and which ones to stay away from I would appreciate th input.
TIM06STANG, The ones I found to be the most retro looking are at www.afterthoughtsauto.com. I had them painted up and will install when it gets warm enough. They come out great looking. All the others seemed to be modern looking and more concept oriented. They are, Roush, CDC, Xenon (like scoops), 3DCarbon and Astra Hammond. There are a few others but they seemed to be even more Jetson's to me. Pics are about two months away but the website has a good pic of how they look. :cool: :eyepoppin

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help, I haven't seen that website before. They have some pretty interesting accessories for the mustangs. Post your pics when you put them on, I would like to see how they turn out.

·
Registered
785 Posts
CDC louvers on my stang:eyepoppin :

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks J & D for the pic of your car with them on they look awesome. I also like the Roush louvers, it is going to be tough to decide which ones to go with. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
I got mine from 3DCarbon. They came prepainted and look great. I wouldn't go with any that have the slots open. If you get those, you have to get a hair dryer or air compressor to get the water out of them after you wash the car.

·
Registered
208 Posts
got my 3dCarbon about 6mo's ago.. pre-painted. Love them still. Easy to install and the paint was a perfect match.

·
Registered
350 Posts
How are your louvers holding up?????

I too have the CDC louvers just like J&D does. I have a question for any other louver owners....

Do your louvers contour perfect to your window? Mine mount with double sided tape. However the front bottom does not stick well. It is almost like the louvers need to be arched a bit more. So my louvers do not have any adhesion in that area. I guess in a way it allows water to exit....
I was toying with doubling the double sided tape in that section.

Also how is your paint adhesion?
Mine were painted by a dealer. Not specificaly for me, I bought them from somebody else. There are cracks in the paint. I'm guessing it is due to being plastic and the paint used was not meant for this.
What kind of paint or additive did you add to your paint when you painted them. I am planning on stripping the paint and re-shooting them.
I am going with Gloss Black, so I don't need to really have a custom matched paint. I know Most car places sell a paint for plastic bumbers or mudflaps...etc......
Any recomendations on a paint remover??? I don't really want to sand too much on them.

·
Registered
785 Posts
05LegendLime said:
I too have the CDC louvers just like J&D does. I have a question for any other louver owners....

Do your louvers contour perfect to your window? Mine mount with double sided tape. However the front bottom does not stick well. It is almost like the louvers need to be arched a bit more. So my louvers do not have any adhesion in that area. I guess in a way it allows water to exit....
I was toying with doubling the double sided tape in that section.

Also how is your paint adhesion?
Mine were painted by a dealer. Not specificaly for me, I bought them from somebody else. There are cracks in the paint. I'm guessing it is due to being plastic and the paint used was not meant for this.
What kind of paint or additive did you add to your paint when you painted them. I am planning on stripping the paint and re-shooting them.
I am going with Gloss Black, so I don't need to really have a custom matched paint. I know Most car places sell a paint for plastic bumbers or mudflaps...etc......
Any recomendations on a paint remover??? I don't really want to sand too much on them.
There is a small gap at the bottom of the louver in the front. I can live with that. The paint shop did a great job with the paint. Matched it perfectly. No sctatches on mine. It also has a clear coat top coat that adds to the shine. I do not have problems with the cracking either.

I am thinking of adding some kind of mesh on the openings of the louvers. Have you seen the Boyd Coddingtom Crazy Horse? It looks like he used expanded metal and some chrome trimming on the openings, it looks great.
http://popularhotrodding.com/features/0503phr_boyd/

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yeah those look pretty sweet. I wish the car had more chrome I might try something like that.....

I seem to accent the Black a bit more on mine,
Legend Lime with:
Black Rally stripes
Black side stripes
Black Mirrors
Black louvers.
Black tires...(O.k...now I'm being silly)

·
Registered
785 Posts
05LegendLime said:
Yeah those look pretty sweet. I wish the car had more chrome I might try something like that.....QUOTE]

I was driving around yesterday and saw this ricer going the opposite direction. He had a mesh grill with just the right size openings of sheet metal. It was the tackiest thing I've ever seen. I made a quick u-turn and at the next light, asked him where he bought it. I told him I had nevers seen anything like it. He took it as a compliment!!!:evilchuck :evilchuck He was soo happy. I am going to have to slum to the rice store and see if this go well with the louvers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.