Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it happend....i was lucky though. My driver window motor died, one of the brushes in the motor was the size of a match head, thank god it died with the window in the full up position.

are new brushes avaliable for these motors, or do i have to get the whole motor assembly?

also, has anyone replaced their window motors? if so, tips, hints, or links on how too would be great.

thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Is it in a foxbody? My drivers side window motors been dead for a year and im gonna be trying to replace it this weekend. Its got a deadspot in it it'll go down a little bit but wont go up at all. And out here in new york its been pretty hot this summer so I gotta get one in there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Same thing on my end, I just bought a new motor. Does anyone know how to replace it?
I m not positive but Im pretty sure theres a wiring harness that runs from the switch to the motor that needs to be disconnected and I know theres four bolts that hold it into the door. I was told to watch out for your fingers because the track that the window is on once its disconnected from the motor its gonna wanna retract and its gonna scissor and has the potential to cut fingers so I'd watch out. Its been a year since I looked at my inner doors so if i find a motor and get it in like i want to this weekend I'll let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
its quite simple.
1.)remove door panel and unplug the wiring harness at the motor
2.) grind off the rivets that hold the motor and wiggle the motor out. thenstick the new one in, line the holes up and pop some new rivets in.
3.) replace everything

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is 3 5/16 inch bolts that hold the motor in place. remove those, have someone hold the window up and just wiggle the motor out. Then slowly/gently push the window down.

to install, pull the window up as high as it will go, it should stay up, then carefully line up the holes on the motor mount and bolt in. keep the bolts loose and test the window up and down too make sure the gear has engaged properly. If all good the secure the 3 bolts.

very simple to do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts