Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new user, but long time viewer :bigthumbsup

I have a 2008 GT with problem involving my exterior passenger window trim or molding popping out of the channel that its locked into. (The long rubber molding at the base of the window's exterior)

1) Is there a bracket or clip that the molding additionally needs to lock into?

2) Anyone else with this problem?

While the molding can be pushed back into position, it will inevitably pop out of the channel at the section closest to the "B" pillar. I can visibly see that there are several rubber locking pieces at the base of the molding but they do not seem to seat properly into the locking channel. Bumps and raising the window causes it to pop out.

PS: I have tints

Thanks in advance

·
Banned
612 Posts
spray silicone lubricant on the rubber because it's dry and when the window rolls up and the rubber is warm it's fetching on the window and pulling it out of place. That's my advice anyway. You also would have to reseat the moulding with some sort of sealant or other bonding agent (I assume) - but any body or glass shop (or dealer, god forbid) would have the right product to buy. I'm sure others will reply and give you more advice. But you should definitely lubricate the rubber so the window will glide over it instead of pulling it.

When my car rubber moulding was dry it would fetch on the window, twist the moulding of out of shape on the way up, and then the window would roll back down. pita.

·
Banned
612 Posts
ooops, my bad I misread you said lower moulding. Sorry. Good luck just the same. A quick trip to the dealership should get you squared away, without costing much at all, I would imagine. Let us know how you made out?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts