Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very weird problem with my windows. Only two of the windows are working and only from the drivers side control. However, I know that all the motors are in good working condition. The passengers side control nor the two rear controls are working. Oh and the two windows that do work and the door locks only work when the LOCK on the drivers side control is pushed in. I replaced the fuse checked the wires and only the two the working windows are working. I need to know why the other two windows aren't working and none of the switches are working. The car is currently for sale so I need this fixed immediately. All the switches and windows/locks were working fine just the other day. Thanks for any help or advice.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Happens to mine, I can hear the motor but nothing moves. I grab a rubber mallet and beat on the bottom of the door right below the motor, my arms and motor get stuck sometimes, so a few hits get them working for another month or two.
I replaced all my switches before I tried this.

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
I suspect wires in door hinge area broke. Maurice

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the help. All I did was take the door panel off and wouldn't you know they all worked except the drivers side which is really slow which actually may be the motor going bad. I'm scared to put the door panel on because i'm sure they'll stop working even though I touched absolutely nothing. It may be a loose wire or something. I tested it and its showing power going to all the terminals on the switch so who knows. Oh well as long is it works long enough to sell i guess...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts