June 26, 2015 got the window tint.

Sides are at 30%
Rear Window at 20% (darker)

Before and After pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Definitely looks better. Your back glass will make a lot of difference overall. If you've ever talked to a window tint pro, the car is like a cave and most of the light enters the front via the windshield. Closing off some incoming light from the back will naturally make the front darker (and cooler). We've had our 2011 V6 Mustang for three months now, and I'm saving up to get the windshield strip and the rear window done as dark as legally permitted here. I'll gauge what needs to be done to the driver and passenger door windows after that is done. I'm hoping that won't be necessary.
Many folks look at window tint in three ways. Security, interior temps, and aesthetics. I tend to look at window tinting as a whole ball of wax and selecting the best for your car isn't as easy as it may sound. Why there are many threads asking about tinting. It's also an expense, and anyone wants the best for money spent.
I have a dealer/installer just down the street from us that will do the back glass and the front windshield strip as dark as legally allowed for $135 with Llumar ATC tint, one hour install...and they are licensed with warranty. I'm just waiting on the excess funds to get it done.

Yours looks great BTW before and after pics.
I do like the color of your Mustang as well.

I'm thinking that I can legally go lower than your 20% on the back glass....and my interior is black to boot. Most of the internet build models for tint don't really get it right for the outside look since there are so many variables involved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts