Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my windows tinted? What's the legal tint % on windows? I think i'm going to go 20% all around.

I've seen the website (the first result that comes up with google). Doesn't make much sense. It seems as though the only thing it really says there is the referance to the one thing. and that basically only says that it can't be

My main question is...in PA if 20% is illegal, will my car not pass Inspection?

·
Registered
39 Posts
If what you put on is illegal, it Will NOT pass inspection in PA. Unless you have a scrape and stick sort of inspection place (which is illegal anyway)

My Wife used to drive a sportage and we had the windows tinted all the way around with factory % tint. Never had a problem with it and it looked dark especially with it being on a black vehicle. Apparently that % is legal.

selfdisplaced said:
Getting my windows tinted? What's the legal tint % on windows? I think i'm going to go 20% all around.

I've seen the website (the first result that comes up with google). Doesn't make much sense. It seems as though the only thing it really says there is the referance to the one thing. and that basically only says that it can't be

My main question is...in PA if 20% is illegal, will my car not pass Inspection?

·
Registered
478 Posts
If you get tinted, make sure they add felt to the door trim. I asked them to do mine, they played it off like they knew what they were doing, now I noticed I have a zillion scratches near the bottom of the window.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Not to confuse the issue any more with PA State Laws, but here is link where it is dicussed in great detail.
http://www.berksweb.com/users/dmv/tint/compare.html

What it reads to me, if you want to be safe make sure that 70% of the light can transmit through the glass. Any more and you are asking for trouble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.