Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know the percent of rear window tint in a 2019 Bullitt? front door windows are not tinted - and I'd like them to match.

Also live in DE. I'm not sure how dark I can go but I'll check. I hope at least as dark as the rear windows. Thanks everyone!

·
Administrator
7,409 Posts
Take your car to a professional auto-tint shop. The can check your rear window, and go from there.

·
Registered
12,316 Posts
most likely you will be limited by the law; I believe usually aftermarket tint is more limited than factory ... in other words you can get away with darker tint if it came that way from the factory

·
Registered
2016 Mustang GT
324 Posts
Reactions: Cobrajet67

·
Registered
2013 GT500
8 Posts
In Texas and other places too, there are laws regarding how dark the tint can be on the front seat side windows and the shade band on the front windshield they don’t worry as much about the rest of the windows. If you can get a note from your doctor saying you need the extra tint you can get as low as 5% this is copy paste of what it says

Is 5% Tint Legal In Texas? What about 20%?
The short answer is NO. In Texas, tinted windows must have a light transmittance value of at least 25%. But, this does not apply to people with a medical exemption. Drivers with certain eye problems can get a medical exemption that enables them to ignore the Texas tint law that says legally tinted windows must have a light transmittance value of at least 25%.

·
Diehard Ford-Fan Custom Audio Guru
‘05 V6 Windveil Blue
1,364 Posts
Last i read in Illinois it was 35% on driver/pass sides, none on the windshield and as low as 5% behind the B pillar

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
I absolutely agree with
anyone know the percent of rear window tint in a 2019 Bullitt? front door windows are not tinted - and I'd like them to match.

Also live in DE. I'm not sure how dark I can go but I'll check. I hope at least as dark as the rear windows. Thanks everyone!
I'm not sure if you are inquiring because you want to tint the front window but I would recommend you look into that with someone knowledgeable about front tint in DE because you might be restricted to no shaded tint but maybe allowed clear UV tint on the complete from window. And then you might be limited to shaded tint not below the ASI line of the front window.

Your desire to have matching rear and front windows might end in having no tint.

Reactions: Cobrajet67
1 - 8 of 8 Posts