Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased replacement outer door glass beltline weatherstrips for my 1986 GT Convertible. I am unsure how to remove the outside mirrors so that I can fit the front edge of the strips under them. The Chilton manual only shows how to do it on a sedan. The conv. mirrors attach differently. I did remove the inside panel, which has the manual mirror adjustment knob attached, but it looks like the mirrors are attached from the outside area.
Can anyone help me, please?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
gaosys said:
I recently purchased replacement outer door glass beltline weatherstrips for my 1986 GT Convertible. I am unsure how to remove the outside mirrors so that I can fit the front edge of the strips under them. The Chilton manual only shows how to do it on a sedan. The conv. mirrors attach differently. I did remove the inside panel, which has the manual mirror adjustment knob attached, but it looks like the mirrors are attached from the outside area.
Can anyone help me, please?
Every one I've seen just used three (3/8ths, I believe) nuts which were behind the coverplate. My '84 T-top was this way. The only ones that were different, were the body-colored ones that mounted on the lower portion of doorskin, I thought. Maybe look closely at the abbreviated A-pillar on the door, from the top, with the door open. I'd bet dollars to donuts that yours uses the three nuts though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.