Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm in the process of re-wiring my 1966 coupe and I'm replacing various switches and motors as well. I have a 2 speed wiper motor but I've checked several online classic mustang parts houses and they only list a single speed motor for 1966. They list a 2 speed motor for 1967-1970. Anyone know if 1967 will fit in my 1966?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I just read an article from Mustang Monthly magazine, they have a good article on rebuilding wiper motors this month. Get the magazine and give it a shot. Original parts are all ways better. Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bryon,

But when it comes to small electrical motors, I'm more of a part changer instead of a rebuilder!! Anyone know who stocks 2 speed wiper motors for a 1966?

Thanks

·
Registered
594 Posts
You say you have a existing 2 speed that was in your 66? If so, the 67 will fit your 66. The mounting bracket for a single speed is different than the 2 speed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
windhield wiper moter

Thanks 1966er, but now you have me thinking. Before I ripped out all the wiring, my wipers had 2 speeds. But is that controlled by the switch or the motor? In other words, do you have to have a 2 speed switch and motor, or just a 2 speed switch with a single speed motor. Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question, but electronics is not my area....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts