1 - 20 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There should be a few more files to view when you click the link. The doc file is Word 97-03, and the docx is Word 2007. The wps files are for word proccesor (which sucks!).

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I didn't have to log in to download it......

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Very detailed write up, it should help out a lot of guys who want to dot the swap and it really did not leave anything out that I saw. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
349 Posts
Did you feel a difference?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you feel a difference?
The low and mid-range power feels about the same, but it does seem to have an extra usable 5-600 rpm on the top though. I think a tune will really bring out the potential of this set-up. I'm trying to get it set with a tune, if I get numbers I will post them up, but I feel that may be a couple months from now.

BTW, I would have done this swap just for the looks of the intake alone, lol, the factory cast one is ugly.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I plan on doing it just for the weight lost off the front end. Getting as much weight off the front end as possible helps settle the weight around on the car for handling purposes.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Great job on the mod, I just don't see where it would really give any real benefit other than weight loss. I am not calling you out or anything silly like that, I am just not seeing how you'd get much more usable airflow with one over the stocker.

No matter how I feel about the swap, you did an excellent job writing up this guide.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't think it provides much over a stock motor, but its very cheap to do, and it does breath better on the top end. If I had 3.73's I think it would respond much more.

Its cheap alternate to porting in my opinion. I beleive Super Six uses this intake on their V6 fox too, and that thing ran 10's last time I read about it.

Thanks for the coments guys... trying to get this thing stickied.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have some updated pics for the throttle/cruise cable bracket. We also fixed the hood scoop issue I had, by slightly crushing the end of the intake pipe, basically ovaled it out a bit.

Cruise control works now.

Thanks to my buddy Brad for making the modifications.

Attachments

·
Registered
794 Posts
how hard of an install is this could someone whose is not an expert do this (me) ive done a few installs anyway you said it was required to cut the hood if i did a remote iac could i fit it under the stock hood without cutting??

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would only trim the hood if you had a GT hood scoop to cover it up. Looks kinda weak to have something sticking out of the hood and your car only makes 200 HP.

I did not want to re-locate the IAC, I like it to be where Ford designed it to be.

If you do relocate it, you would probably have use the Mustang TB, because the Windstar one is taller and that also hits the underside of the hood.

Not hard to do, did you look at my write up?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just letting you California guys know that I will be at the Fabulous Fords Forever show at Knotts Berry Farm in Buena Park.

Its the 19th, a Sunday.

So if any of you guys want a closer look at this swap, my car will be in the show.

Mods: are we gonna sticky this?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got a gas mileage update.

Going to LA from Phoenix, I got 28 mpg, but I ran into traffic on the 91 and I'm sure that it killed the mpg.

However, coming back today, from Knotts Berry Farm to the Morongo (on the I10) I pulled off 35 mpg (34.8 to be exact). I re-did my math a few times because I was a little shocked. But as back up, from the Morongo to Blythe it got 33 mpg. Needless to say I'm very happy with it. All the driving was done at 70 mph, with the windows down and the a/c off.

So if you guys are worried about mpg with the Windstar intake, then I think its safe to say that it will not hurt it, it may improve it.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
^I do not think that it would look to bad to have the hood cut open. Especially if it serves a purpose. The difference between a tuned split-port with cai/exhaust/windstar and a stock split-port is a big enough difference I think that you could run around with a hole in the hood showing off the intake. That is just my opinion though.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I would only trim the hood if you had a GT hood scoop to cover it up. Looks kinda weak to have something sticking out of the hood and your car only makes 200 HP.
ehh, imho, do what you gotta do.
if your worried about what other people think, a V6 mustang is probably not the right car for you...lol

1 - 20 of 333 Posts