Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My 1st question is will the above rims fit on my 98 GT as winter rims? I know they are 15 x 7 but I dont know if I'll have clearance issues with brakes, backspacing, etc.(I know they don't look great but I don't want to ruin my stock rims)

And secondly, which winter tires would you suggest? I have been looking at the Dunlop M3 winter tires, along with the Bridgestone Blizzaks. Also, what would be the best size for the tires on these rims? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Probably not

I doubt the 15" wheels will clear your brakes. 16" might, as long as they were off a late model Mustang.

People I know who want to keep their cars nice who live in snow country store their cars for the winter. Snow flies and the car goes in the garage, to emerge only in good weather. I realize this is an option only for those who have the resources to run a winter beater, but its seems the best solution to me - particularly since our cars are poor performers in ice and snow, traction control or not. I love the stangs, but having once tried to operate one in the snow, I must say the experience sucked large.

Snow tires are a good idea, and you might find what you want already mounted on wheels on ebay or in the local paper. Otherwise, find your wheels first, then check out the online sites for buys on tires. Try www.tiresavings.com. I bought tires from the recently, and they had the particular tires I needed at very good prices. Service was ok, but allow 2 or 3 weeks for shipping - unless you're luckier than me...

tripleblack

sk83r005 said:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/sk83r005/CL002.jpg

My 1st question is will the above rims fit on my 98 GT as winter rims? I know they are 15 x 7 but I dont know if I'll have clearance issues with brakes, backspacing, etc.(I know they don't look great but I don't want to ruin my stock rims)

And secondly, which winter tires would you suggest? I have been looking at the Dunlop M3 winter tires, along with the Bridgestone Blizzaks. Also, what would be the best size for the tires on these rims? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.