Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting ready to put the car away for the winter, is there anything that i should do to prepare it for storage?

·
Registered
224 Posts
i never have to store mine but im guessing it would be good to raise it, or put some donuts on it so your good tires dont get flat spots

·
Registered
194 Posts
All depends on where your storing it.

Is it in your own garage ?
Is the storage heated or not.

Putting it up on 4 jack stands is the best but if you can't do that just over inflate the tires to 42-45 lbs

Throw in some fuel stablizer and top off the tank. And run the car for a few minutes to get the stablizer into the entire fuel system.

Change the oil and put in a can of STP oil treatment (Add it slowly to a warm running engine)

Wash and wax it (A car cover is a good idea) If your putting it into a "MASS" storage garage. I would cover the car with some thick blankets and then put the cover on top of the blankets (Helps protect the car from dings)

Pull the Battery and kiss your baby good night till April...

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
actually its good to keep it on the ground and the suspension loaded. Give it a battery tender, park it on wood plank to help avoid flat spots on the ground, and throw in some fuel stab. Still try and run her once in a while. cars are meant to run :)

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Wash and Wax it, change the Oil, put some Sta Bil in the fuel, cover it up, and start it and run it up to operating temps about once a Month.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Or you could send it to us down here in Florida and we can take care of it for you :winks

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
If it were me, Id put the suspension on jack stands, this will avoid flat spots and keep the concrete from dry rotting the tires and keep the suspension loaded. Also add fuel stabilizer and put a battery tender on it. Should be good to go. DONT change the oil till you are ready to start next year, would also be a good idea to prime the oil pump next year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.