Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Decided it's probably time to start looking into snow tires so I'm not scrambling last minute.

Was looking at these:
Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Anyone have experience with these? I'm thinking of just putting 2 on the rear wheels for added acceleration capability. I realize they recommend putting them on all 4 wheels but my buddy has been using two tires on his traction wheels on his fusion for a few winters with no problems.

I'm starting grad school in the fall so I don't really want to put a bunch of money into dedicated rims/snow tires if I don't have to. I'd rather save up for a CAI/Tune package from AM :D

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
142 Posts
The difference with your buddy's fusion (assuming it's the fwd version), is that the traction wheels are the same as the steering wheels. You can put two on the rear to help you go, but you'll have trouble turning or stopping without snows on the front also.

Trust me, you'd rather spend the money on snow wheels/tires then the body shop bills and increased insurance if your gamble doesn't pay off. Not to mention possible medical bills.

I don't want to sound super negative, but tires are something that you do NOT want to cheap out on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts