Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping I won't have to drive it but if I can't afford a winter beater it might have to happen. I'm not a big fan of constant waxing but it was recommended to me that I should wax before winter. I guess it makes sense but you usually don't wax the areas where salt can get stuck. The car has undercoating and paint protectant so I'm not sure it's necessary. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
I have a 97 chevy pickup I bought new that I have never waxed and it has no rust protection, made it through 8 Michigan winters so far with rust just starting to show in a very small area, but the rust is coming from the backside, not the painted side.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Mr. Toad said:
PC--Did you order it in '95? :))

Mr. Toad
It was on the lot, smart asprin. :evillol:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
blmpt said:
Boglin, how would you plan to be washing your car in the winter?
There are a few washes here that have a special "winter wash" that sprays under the car heavy to help remove salt. I'd rather just get a winter car. A winter beater is a touchy thing, can't be so nice it's expensive and can't be so beatup that it scares the neighbors.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
In my six years of managing a shop I say wax as much as possible, your "paint protection" as far as the exterior goes is an overpriced wax anyways, no matter what the dealer told u. Yes the best alternative is a beater, glad I have one, just need the stang now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts