Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody nows where the wiper motor relay is on a 87 mustang. The problem I'm having is the wiper delay and the low setting dosen't work the wipers only work on the high setting and when I turn them off the stay in the place they stop. I have put a new wipermotor, multifunction switch and the relay thats in the fuse panel and nothing seems to work. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I know on my old '82 and '84, the delay box was under the dash, secured by one of the pedal support bolts. I also remember that from what I could tell, the box had to be somewhat level to work right. I noticed anomolies after removing the pedal support to change clutch quadrants on both cars.
I never had the wipers stop in the middle of the windshield though... That sounds more like a Crown Vic.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
hey man, before you start doing all that jazz with wiper motors and what not, try this, it worked for me. alot of times, the problem isnt the motor, or relays, its the switch itself. on your wiper switch arm thing... for lack of what to call it... there is a little cap at the end. pop that sucker off, and spray some electronics cleaner in there. you should be able to get some at any hardware store. its cheap and easy, so its worth a try.

but now that i read your post a little closer, i see that you already put in a new switch.... but ill leave that tip up for someone elses use... sorry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.