Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to run a single 12 gauge power wire from the engine compartment (battery side) to the trunk. From the search I've done here, I've seen some of the older mustangs have a grommet below the battery area through the firewall.

Has anyone done this with a 2011-2012 that can give me a simple route to take without drilling holes or using the sound tube? How does the black engine compartment liner come off the firewall and would you go down the passenger side sill plates on a vert manual?
Thanks,
..HM

·
Registered
653 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yeah, this is pretty easy to do. I had to do the same thing for my Shelby Kicker sub install. Here's the thread: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/303578-shelby-kicker-sub-install.html

This is the place you're going to want to punch through the firewall, the passenger side front wheel well. Have to remove the splash guard and I recommend turning the wheels all the way to the left so you can actually get in there. I just made a small cut in the grommet so I could shove my wire through (the red one in the shot, it's now zip tied down):

Here's the install instructions for the Shelby Kicker sub, you can probably follow them to figure out how to run your wire from the battery to the trunk: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B41JwVASOllGOWE3ZDg4NDYtNmI1OC00M2I0LTg5ZWEtMzM4MjA5NjFiYjVh&hl=en_US

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Its nice to know what to expect and learning from those who blazed the trail before you.
PoitNarf That picture is spot on for the 2012. I cut a "T" shape slit in the end of the nipple and pushed the wires through from the passenger side, put a boot designed to cover up "F" connectors on TV antenna coax over the wire and it fits perfectly on the entrance slit. I then ran split loom tubing along the frame wall, tie wrapped and fed up into the engine compartment and it looks stock.

Thanks again guys, it saved me lots of time.

·
Registered
585 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts