Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 88 ford mustang 2.3L. When i bought it, it had those cables cut off under the dash, but didn't mind at all because the car runs with no trouble. But now i am starting to wonder and doing research on those cables but don't know yet what are they. If you know about it, let me know. From left to right there is a Black/yellow (narrow cable), black/yellow (thinner cable), Pink/bluesky, Yellow/Red, Orange/black. All cables direction comes from the engine bay.

I look for the other part of the those cables but there is none. In the Black/yellow cables, there is one that is narrow and the other thinner, but one of them has at the end a cable union( don't know the name) but the size of the cable doesn't match with the other.

Let me know what you know about it or info to where can i look for it. Any help it is appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
621 Posts
A wider angle picture might help in this case. Pretty sure we can narrow it down. Might be fan relay wires.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I agree with Ohc or a starter/alarm that was yanked out... Can't tell really well from pic, do you have a switch for the fan?

·
Registered
172 Posts
If everything works as it should, with multiple wires cut, likely an old abandoned alarm, stereo, amp, etc. as suggested by Stu. Best luck, please follow up if you get things figured out.

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
I have tried to look it up. It maybe the TRW module which controls the engine fan motor. Does that work? Maurice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts