Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a college student on a tight budget and the wiring harness in my mustang has more dead ends than I can count. I have countless problems getting my stereo, heater, and wipers to work and once one is fixed the others fail. Wires also constantly fall off the fuse box so I need an upgrade.

The two major brands Ive found online are american autowire and painless performance. These seem pricey and I wanted to hear from you all in terms of other brands or which one is worth the money. Although Im on a tight budget I would rather save money to buy the best product and do it right the first time.

Anything on wiring in general, especially personal experiences is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a '67 too and while I was in college I bought a universal kit from painless. I was on a tight budget and I found it a great learning experience, because you can pretty much learn first hand how the whole car was wired. Didn't take all that much time and the guys at painless made the job pretty, well, painless. Good luck to you.

I am a college student on a tight budget and the wiring harness in my mustang has more dead ends than I can count. I have countless problems getting my stereo, heater, and wipers to work and once one is fixed the others fail. Wires also constantly fall off the fuse box so I need an upgrade.

The two major brands Ive found online are american autowire and painless performance. These seem pricey and I wanted to hear from you all in terms of other brands or which one is worth the money. Although Im on a tight budget I would rather save money to buy the best product and do it right the first time.

Anything on wiring in general, especially personal experiences is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
70 Posts
EZ Wiring makes a Decent one too. Just put one in mine, and very simple to install and inexpensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts