Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Roush front end for my 03 base coupe quite a few years ago. The front end came with everything to include the fog light assemblies. Of course there is no switch in the dash for fog lights and I was still working and the car spent much of it's life in storage. At the time I didn't care, now that I'm beginning to use the car as a daily driver I like it - a lot and I'm working it on it quite a bit lately!

I mentioned to a neighbor that it would be nice if the fog lights really worked in the Roush clip. He told me it was his understanding from another friend (insert grapevine here) that all Mustangs are wired for fog lights whether the option was bought or not. ??? Is that true? Before I climb under the car to see if it's wired has anyone ever heard of this? I would gladly buy a fog light switch from AM and hook this all up.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
That's incorrect. If they didn't come stock with foglights, then there
are no foglight wires just waiting to be used on ur car; neither is
there a switch.

Best chances would be to buy an after market wiring harness and
either run it to a "hidden toggle" under the dash and/or change out headlight switches with one that has a foglight button built in and just wire it to that.

Either way good luck and have fun. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
613 Posts
yep agree with ^ You can get simple gator clip wires to attach the lights to either your parking lights or the head lights. as long as the fuse amps can handle it. I would suggest the parking lights since cars imo look cooler with the fog lights on with the parking lights.

·
Registered
594 Posts
From what I've read, there is a harness for the fog light switch behind console, but no harness from the firewall forward.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
From what I've read, there is a harness for the fog light switch behind console, but no harness from the firewall forward.
absolutely right i had to buy a factory style foglight switch which plugged into a factory installed harness hidden in the console. i also bought a wiring kit to power the foglights and they work just as if it had lights from the factory

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Markstang, could you tell me where to get the wiring kit? I found the switch on AM. Was it tough to do or just attention to detail?

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
it was literally one wire that had to be spliced into the connector under the dash.. and a couple wires bolted onto grounds.. i bought the wiring from VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: 97-04 Foglight Wiring Harness for V6 LX

your bumper and lights came with a bag with a couple connectors in it right? you have to de-pin the connectors on the wiring kit and then put them into the connectors they sent you.. easy once you figure it out.. i actually did this little project when i was away at college in the parking lot.. easy as pie...

though i do wonder if you can just select "connectors for 03-04 cobra" if you dont have the connectors that came with the bumper .. because i believe they are the same lights.. they look the same to me anyway...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the notes and the link. The connectors came with the front end. I'll ask VMP tuning if the 03-04 Cobra harness fits the same way or more work.

... now where in the hell have I put those connectors from 2004???

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
hahah hopefully you find them it was really easy once i figured out how to depin the harness.. getting them out is the most difficult part i made a thread asking about it and figured it out myself its titled "depinning a wiring harness" and i describe how to do it in my second post if you need to know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts