Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Modern aka Progressive Wheel directionals.

I love this style and wish they would come back via a manufacturer who is still in business, as Progressive Wheel is gone.

I'd be willing to snatch up a set of these in 17 or 18 x 9 in gun metal or black chrome.

This particular style is very unique. People have pointed out others still in production that they say look very similar, but they are a world apart and usually look like they would only be at home on a 4x4.

Probably a wasted thread, but it would be nice if anyone here truly knows of a current wheel design that very closely mimcs this and would look right at home on a Mustang.

They only look right with the "blades" spinning forward, though most applications back in the day had them facing backward, I guess to help cool the brakes.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never was a fan of that style wheel.

And never have seen that particular one in an 18.

Look at Centerline Wheels they have some sort of similar wheels but they aren't cheap.
Yeah, the largest I've ever seen in these is tiny little 15's.

I do like the Vintage Wheel Works V48:

Vintage Wheel Works

as it reminds me of the early 70's Boss/Mach1 wheels.

The stock Performance Package, GT/CS wheels and the Nuremberg Touring and RTR wheels are really nice too, though they are a lot more common.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never was a fan of that style wheel.

And never have seen that particular one in an 18.

Look at Centerline Wheels they have some sort of similar wheels but they aren't cheap.
Hey, that Centerline Billet Series Razor is not bad, though the chrome has got to go away with the center cap.

They are available in plenty of sizes for the Mustang, and can be customized in terms of backspace (offset?).

A little weird, but it might be doable.

I'll consider more options.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
If you squeeze a pussycat real hard, you'll get [*CAT*] juice.
FWIW, didn't work with my cat (R.I.P.).

BTW Would you mind testifying at my animal cruelty trial?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.