Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive been doing some reading on one piece driveshafts and from what i can see is its a beneficial thing considering its modest price tag...with the dss it says since the cv is in the rear no need to change pinion angle on lowered cars...which means instead of getting the uca and bracket i get the ds instead for only a few hundred more and get to bonsuses instead of just one with the uca & bracket...thoughts?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
364 Posts
You have the same logic I had before I bought the DSS. I bought it about a month ago and so far it's great. No more drive line clunking, reduced NVH and I didn't have to adjust the pinion angle. I didn't want to get the UCA because of the noise my cars makes already due to the LCAs. I imagine the UCA would make it much worse.

I think I feel a difference with acceleration but it's hard to tell at this point.

I can't wait to get to the dragstrip next to see how much a difference it makes on the 1/4.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have the same logic I had before I bought the DSS. I bought it about a month ago and so far it's great. No more drive line clunking, reduced NVH and I didn't have to adjust the pinion angle. I didn't want to get the UCA because of the noise my cars makes already due to the LCAs. I imagine the UCA would make it much worse.

I think I feel a difference with acceleration but it's hard to tell at this point.

I can't wait to get to the dragstrip next to see how much a difference it makes on the 1/4.
good to know...did you do the install yourself?

·
Registered
364 Posts
No, I got a shop to do it for $150, and a few dyno runs to go with it. I got mine at CFM, probably the best price out there.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I installed mine in my driveway. If you have moderate mechanical skills, it shouldn't be a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts