Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know everything about mustangs but I got into a heated discussion with this guy this weekend that thinks he knows it all about Mustangs! He says that all stock mustangs come with a posi rear...which I argued they didn't....so who's right?:headscratch:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Limited slip posi. Not to sound Obama(ish) but your both right to a certain extent.

·
Registered
20 Posts
my 94 v-6 stang has a 2:73 "dog leg" open rear. for its just fine. im not looking to race, just cruise......but, you are right, the dude who knows all was wrong..some guys don't like car girls...myself i really do. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
All stock Mustangs come with a posi rear... nope. The V6 cars have an open rear, and V8 models have a traction lok rear which is the Ford equivalent to a limited slip. Posi is a Chevy term.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I did not know they made V6's - I thought all real mustangs were V-8's and answered it accordingly :)

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Wait... V6 and 2.3 models... :shigrin

·
Registered
460 Posts
No that guy is dumb 2.3 mustangs an v6 dont tell him to shut his mouth.

·
Registered
978 Posts
LOL they also so came with a straight 6 . But like said all V8 stangs from 79 and up came with T-Lock

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Traction-Lok wasn't available until the '81 model year.

It was standard with the 5.0L engine starting in '82 - there was no 5.0L engine in '81 - and the 2.3T (turbo) engine starting in '83.

Other than a few quirky, regional or engine/transmission combinations, it was optional with ALL other engines (non-turbo 2.3L I-4, 3.3L I-6, 3.8L V-6, 4.2L V-8).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.