Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/05hvi.htm

I am interested in purchasing. Would like feedback from anyone who has already purchased and installed -- installation?, pros and/or cons? require programming? I inquired when the Ram Air Box would be available but haven't heard back from them yet. Appreciate it.

Dave
www.sunnyfortuna.com

·
Registered
251 Posts
I cant say anything about the intake itself, but I can surely vouch for Western Motorsports. I have dealt with them a few times in the past, and I have nothing but good things to say.
Im sure this is an excellent product. And no, I dont work for them, or are attached to their business venture at all. Just a satisfied customer plugging the store for them, haha..
Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The air box was supposed to be out by mid August (Now) and they were getting together some final Dyno numbers with the entire package.

Some other, including myself, have been speaking with them about a group buy. 10% off with 5 or more which we already have together, and 20% with 10 or more which we may have soon.

We are just waiting on the final product, info and pricing.

·
Registered
261 Posts
im interested in same intake. want the whole pakage deal too. i posted earlier this week about same product. seems to be the best out there with hardly any air restrictions. looks cool too. thx vynle. please keep me informed .:thumbsup

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awww...I would welcome a discount...

·
Registered
261 Posts
i talked to shanon also he said unit would work with saleen supercharger but would not work with some of the other supercharger kit out there. vynle.

·
Registered
886 Posts
does the intake mate with a ram hood, or just draw through those two oval slots in the lower pan in front of the radiator? (see pic)

Drawing from just in front of the radiator would seem like heated air, to me. Plus, won't the air, under compression, tend to move in a straight line through the radiator, instead of up to the intake? I'm trying to understand.

I like the look of the piece, at least it looks like some design thought went into it instead of just slapping in a pipe and a filter. I bet if you had a hood with ram ducts on the leading edge (like one of the concept versions) that thing would be perfect.

I'm currently working out the kinks in a home-engineered piece that directs cool air up to the factory intake. I'm sure it won't gain HP like an aftermarket intake, but I figure on having about $30 and an afternoon or two in it, and it will be a HUGE improvement on the factory draw. And no reflash or warranty issues. Have you looked at the area the factory box "draws" from? There's less than a 1/2" gap introducing outside air. Sad.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Response from WMS

Here's the response I received from WMS as far as warranty, programming, ram air box:

Intake should be no problem with warranty although this is always a dealer call. We do sell many of them direct to Ford Dealers who install before the car ever leaves the lot and they have no issues with warranty. Programming is not required, there are no issues with check engine lights, running lean, etc. Now a programmer will make more power on top of the intake and Diablo is going to do a program specific for the intake.

Ram air box should be shipping next week, price is not confirmed but whole kit with ram air box should be about $450 US

Shannon

Western Motorsports Inc
www.wmsracing.com

·
Registered
263 Posts
We just got confirmation of group buy pricing. Our thread is over at the Mustang Source forums. Here is the email.

Message Forwarded From blackhat97

Hey guys,

Pricing confirmed!

$369 INTAKE ALONE
$449 INTAKE W/RAM AIR

Pricing above is PRE-discount

Any takers? I hope we hit 10, that's like getting the ram air for FREE WITH a discount.

$449 x 20% = $89.80

$449- $89.80 = $359.20!!

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts