Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed the WMS Air-intake system. This kit was a breeze to install. Fired her up and no codes at all. Have not done any flash programming yet. Plan on getting a tune from BAMA this spring before she hits the road.Also finished the upper grill mods. Took out all the honeycomb I could to open the grill up more. Painted the grill with the stock body color and cleared. I like the gloss look of the grill way better than the flat black that is stock. Just a couple more things to complete before the weather breaks. Can't wait to get back in her...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Hey now 05,
Common, looking good, take that beast out on our beautiful oversanded-salted-rock covered roads. LOL. Mine came out of hibernation after I wiped out my winter Benz. I'm glad we're getting rain here w/ this big storm coming in tonight.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh,What was I thinking,sand will help chip away the nice paint job on the grill.This rain storm should get rid of much of the crap on the roads.Don't plan on her hitting the road again till end of March,if I can wait that long.
Hey now 05,
Common, looking good, take that beast out on our beautiful oversanded-salted-rock covered roads. LOL. Mine came out of hibernation after I wiped out my winter Benz. I'm glad we're getting rain here w/ this big storm coming in tonight.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Just completed the WMS Air-intake system. This kit was a breeze to install. Fired her up and no codes at all. Have not done any flash programming yet. Plan on getting a tune from BAMA this spring before she hits the road.Also finished the upper grill mods. Took out all the honeycomb I could to open the grill up more. Painted the grill with the stock body color and cleared. I like the gloss look of the grill way better than the flat black that is stock. Just a couple more things to complete before the weather breaks. Can't wait to get back in her...
Hmm. Interesting. One question... Where does it get the air? There is not that much of a gap between the grill and hood. Seems to me it would be starved for air. :headscratch:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pulls the air from three cut-outs on the radiator cover. Waiting on weatherstripping to wrap around the edges. This will give it a nice tight fit to the hood. With a tight fit to the hood it will only pull fresh air from the outside not the engine compartment.With the grill honeycombs removed it should get even more air. Have not road tested yet,waiting for the weather to turn.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Pulls the air from three cut-outs on the radiator cover. Waiting on weatherstripping to wrap around the edges. This will give it a nice tight fit to the hood. With a tight fit to the hood it will only pull fresh air from the outside not the engine compartment.With the grill honeycombs removed it should get even more air. Have not road tested yet,waiting for the weather to turn.
I get it now... Seems like a good concept. With the grill mods, that should help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts