Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 92 mustang lx that i just purchased and i was wondering if any1 had any good mods that i could do to get more hp from my car that didnt cost to much. any ideas please tell me them!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a 92 mustang lx that i just purchased and i was wondering if any1 had any good mods that i could do to get more hp from my car that didnt cost to much. any ideas please tell me them!
A remanufactured/used turbocharger from an SVO could go for around $600 and get a better intercooler for around $500 and turn the boost up another 1-4psi. Otherwise, I dont know of any performance parts for a 2.3l mustang. This isnt too expensive, but it is starting to get expensive, but if you look at it this way, you will pay a little over $1000, but could beat some 5.0s. You could do a gear swap, which wont gain hp, but will make your car accelerate faster.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Or...

You could pick up a SVO Engine, Comp and Wiring from another SVO Stang of TC for about $500'ish, maybe less.

Where i live in IL, you can find 5.0 engines for about $200 too.

You could also change the cam, headers (Ranger headers), Intake (again from a Ranger) and CAI/WAI but thats about it. The 2.3 N/A's were not designed from HP, only fuel economy. Im guesing you have the DIS system too.

I wouldnt waste the money modding your N/A unless you plan on a rebuild with better pistons and all.

Theres ALOT of info out there on engine swaps for these cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.