Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so before this all happened it was a choppy idle and missed an regular rpm

i replaced the lower intake gaskets due to a leak..ever since that it dont run right

ive replaced:
pump
filter
fuel pressure reg
cleaned all lines and injectors
new tps

i switched my fuel lines around(rubber hoses by motor) and it will run..but you can floor it it stays at 500 rpm...i got it to 900 after pumping it while its running

also the headers get really hot really fast...like it runs for 20 seconds..headers feel like 2 hours

im stumped:frustrated:

·
Registered
45 Posts
from the headers being to hot it sounds like you could be running rich but your rpms sounds like maybe a vacuum leak somewhere

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
If it won't rev, that's a problem in the timing/ignition system. That's the #1 thing to check when it's missing, rough idle, or won't rev. That would also explain how it gets hot really quick.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Timing gets my vote. Also the headers don't glow red from being rich, they do that when its LEAN!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok got it goin..was timin..it was rnnin lean cause i got it to 2 grand for like 3 sec went an touched the header like an idiot now my finger hurts

but now it missed through the rpms..and back fires....i dont have a timing light..

R

·
0 Posts
How do you attempt to set timing without a timing light.....:headscratch:

after watching the vid timing is off

bad plug wire(s)/or firing order......

·
Registered
172 Posts
make sure your not a tooth off, find T.D.C make sure rotor is pointing @ 12:00 (#1 on the cap)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.