Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car will not start unless the spout in in place.?? :headscratch: I dont know. it is making it hard to time the engine. What controlls the advanced timming??

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
The car will not start unless the spout in in place.?? :headscratch: I dont know. it is making it hard to time the engine. What controlls the advanced timming??
The ECM controlls the advance. Try rotating the dizzy to the left some and then trying it. It may be to far retard. Also, you sure the dizzy and firing order is correct. Can be a tooth of, and give you problems

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
What'll happen if you have the engine running and pull the spout out?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Rub the distributor cap

Take a soft cloth and rub the distributor cap for a little while, tell it you like how it looks, and understand it has feelings to. That should spark something up in there!:gringreen

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If i pull the spout out while the car is running it will turn off. I do not have a oil dip stick in the car right now I am guessing that is causeing a big vaucumm issue. it broke new one on its way.
I am pretty sure the firing order is correct. I pulled a couple of pics to make sure. it looks correct. :headscratch:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.