Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1992 gt stang 5 speed for 3,000 dollars here in texas and I have a nice budget left. This is my project car. I have 15,000 dollars to spend on it what should I buy to make this an all around awessome street machine in the 10's-11's range on street slicks with a decent top end tired of cars eating me alive at a 60 punch in my old stang, I love top end also. I am open to any input, feed me please I wanna start ordering engine,parts, etc......

·
Registered
861 Posts
Has there been any work done to it, already? Or, is it bone stock, still?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appologize..

the car is bone stock right now except some cat back flows, I am thinkin of buyin a 01-04 cobra as a project car also and just keeping the GT for sentimental purposes of loving the Fox body mustang. Should I just buy the 01-04 cobra and mod it for those numbers or continue with this project? I hear Twin turbos on that Modular motor can get those number with ease and not sacrificing top end. Tired of all these supras walkin off on me on the 60 punch ... :sosad:

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
You could use the Cobra for everyday driving, and speed. The '03-'04s don't need much modding - they're supercharged. Although, you could get an earlier N/A (perhaps an even earlier solid axle car) Cobra cheaper, slap the turbos on it, and really haul some @$$.
The '92 can be your "old car" for nice days, and restoration type activities.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.