Ford Mustang Forum banner

work a-round

519 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bl817 
#1 ·
first post, big fan of the forum.

i have a 2005 v6 5spd pony package, got it for a deal, one of the reasons is the sjb is malfunctioning, i dont have the money to get it fixed but i do have an idea of what i want to do about it.

the problem is the driverside fog light, turn signal, and tail lights stay on when the key is out, disconnecting the battery multiple times a day is getting real old.

my question is, can i just install a relay upstream of the sjb. that allows power to the lights when the car is on and kills it when the key is out. if so what kind of relay? if need be i have a little experience with arduino programming and could build an enclosure and write my own code, but im hopeing it can be much simpler.

#2 ·
why mess with the power side? just put a switch on the problem grounds. the sjb is hot all the time, messing with relays and hacking up your harness seems like a big PITA. or just take the sjb apart and find the bad circuit and fix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.