Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's crazy what production beasts are out there.. You would think a 662hp mustang would destroy any production car in a basic drag race but it only finished 4th!

·
Banned
2,225 Posts
9 different drivers, 9 different driving abilities/techniques. Apples to oranges......

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
9 different drivers, 9 different driving abilities/techniques. Apples to oranges......
Right; this is not even a benchmark.. just for fun.:)

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
It's Motor Trend. I outgrew that magazine afetr the 8th grade. That was 1965.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I trust Motor Trend about as much as I trust Obama (burn!). A Zr1 driven properly would run even with that Lamborghini and McClaren. And I've never seen a GTR turn the numbers they advertise. Usually mid-high 12s.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Lol @ the BRZ. My 350z would smash all over that thing!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Awesome. Feels great to see a stang come in first place and win a gathering like that. Woohoo! Mustang for the win!

What? you DO realize the mustang won right?

After all, its beat the Camaro.

Everything else was just background traffic.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Awesome. Feels great to see a stang come in first place and win a gathering like that. Woohoo! Mustang for the win!

What? you DO realize the mustang won right?

After all, its beat the Camaro.

Everything else was just background traffic.
I like the way you think :gringreen

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Driver error is pretty much taken away with the lambo, gtr, mclaren, and cars like that. Launch control and paddle shifters pretty much make it like aim, point, go!.. Now for the GT500 and ZL1 where shifting and clutch come into play then yeah different drivers mean different results. And yes those GTRs are fast to the guy that said they all run low 12s. at my local drag strip there are always a few running low 11s stock and low 10s with just a tune and bolt ons. They are stupid fast off the line and the shifts are instant

·
Registered
937 Posts
Driver error is pretty much taken away with the lambo, gtr, mclaren, and cars like that. Launch control and paddle shifters pretty much make it like aim, point, go!.. Now for the GT500 and ZL1 where shifting and clutch come into play then yeah different drivers mean different results. And yes those GTRs are fast to the guy that said they all run low 12s. at my local drag strip there are always a few running low 11s stock and low 10s with just a tune and bolt ons. They are stupid fast off the line and the shifts are instant
Don't take me the wrong way, didn't mean they were slow or incapable of being fast. But these magazines are always listing these rediculously low times for stock cars that I, personally, have never seen. Can honestly say I've never seen an 11 second pass from a stock GTR. And for the black GTR that roams my neighborhood with the vanity that says DARE U, well I was riding shotgun in that red 02 SS Camaro that dared you a few weeks ago. Maybe next time pal. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts