Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've always loved the mustang and am finally considering getting one. A reliable dealer near me is selling a 2007 Deluxe model with 65k for 11,800. It is in great shape on the exterior and interior. Is this too much money and will the car reliably last for a few more years? It will not be used very much, maybe a few thousand miles in the next few years, it is more of a second car. I do plan to do some tuning though. What do you guys think?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
65 Posts
That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. If I'm not mistaken, 07 V6's run around 15k for that year model (including the 65k miles). Is it the pony package? Leather interior, shaker system, nicer wheels? I'd have to see the carfax and all of that stuff but otherwise, it sounds like a good deal. It's definitely worth it.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Hey guys, I've always loved the mustang and am finally considering getting one. A reliable dealer near me is selling a 2007 Deluxe model with 65k for 11,800. It is in great shape on the exterior and interior. Is this too much money and will the car reliably last for a few more years? It will not be used very much, maybe a few thousand miles in the next few years, it is more of a second car. I do plan to do some tuning though. What do you guys think?
Thanks in advance!
Make sure it hasn't been in any accidents from it's car history. I'd have a mechanic or something check it over if you can't get a history report. That's pretty cheap and I might be skeptical about that price. But if it's all good, that would be an excellent price. Even if there was something wrong with the motor, it would still be a great building platform for a forged engine/SC or Turbo if you have the cash.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I would say it's a Good Deal also, but yea do a Car Fax, the Dealer should do one for you for Free:winks

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Make sure it was not a rental, they usually have the bodyside mouldings on, should show up on carfax also.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
If everything checks out mechanical wise and no accidents then sounds like a very good deal , good luck :yup:

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
welcome to the forums. i bought my 05 basic in 07 for 11k but it had 40k on it and been banged up once. its been a great car. ive had 2 deer accidents and 1 hit and run myself and its up to 91k now. so even with the mishaps, its still a really nice car and gets tons of compliments. ive modded it a bunch, drive it spirited alot and its still running strong. :)

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
sounds like a pretty good deal to me. How about a pic or a link to it?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I bought my 2008 with 34k on it for 13000. So yeah if it checks out that would be a good deal. I have been very impressed with the car so far, performance and reliability are great. As long as you take care of the car and don't abuse it you will get many years of enjoyment.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I got my 06 GT Premium in March of this year. It had 30,7xx miles. I paid $14,995. One owner, no accidents, no mods:bigthumbsup and in near mint shape, the original owner used it for the summertime only and had all service done at the Ford dealer with all the records to proove it.

I did however shop around for nearly three months, but I was in no hurry to buy one in Jan or Feb!

I'd say it's a good deal when you look at average prices, but I'd also say you may find a better deal if you look and are willing to drive a bit further away from your area.

Good luck with whatever you choose:bigthumbsup Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
531 Posts
that price is a little too high. i seen mustangs 05-07 going for 7,000-10,000

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it

Thanks guys, I GOT IT! I absolutely love it. It was a rental for a year and then someone owned it for the 3 years after that, but the carfax is completely clean, as I said the car is also in excellent shape inside and out, and the dealer has a really good rep. It is so much fun to drive even though it is the v6 model without the premium package. So I take it was a good deal? We talked them down to $11,900, but here is the original listing.
{{ModelYear}} {{Make}} {{Model}} {{Trim}} | {{VIN}} | Criswell Used Cars

@JOSHSTANG, is the price really too high? i was just wondering because your post was inconsistent with everyone elses

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Thanks guys, I GOT IT! I absolutely love it. It was a rental for a year and then someone owned it for the 3 years after that, but the carfax is completely clean, as I said the car is also in excellent shape inside and out, and the dealer has a really good rep. It is so much fun to drive even though it is the v6 model without the premium package. So I take it was a good deal? We talked them down to $11,900, but here is the original listing.
{{ModelYear}} {{Make}} {{Model}} {{Trim}} | {{VIN}} | Criswell Used Cars

@JOSHSTANG, is the price really too high? i was just wondering because your post was inconsistent with everyone elses
I think (joshstang) was probably referring to one's with over 100K on them:gringreen When I posted My Original Comment I thought it was a (Premium) also, but if you like it that's all that matters. You did'nt pay too much, you paid the money for it, but it would have been a better deal if it was the Premium.
Now you need to MOD that Baby, as most do get yourself a JLT CAI SCT X3 Tuner Combo from American Muscle (around $550) you get FREE Tunes for Life with it and 3 Tunes come with the Tuner. I'd suggest getting the (93 Race Tune) as one of your Tunes. You think your Stang Drives good now wait untill you put a CAI and Tune in it:bigthumbsup
You'll get Instant Throttle Response and Fast Firm Shifts, it'll be a Night and Day Difference over the Factory Stock Tune. And even Running 93 Octane Gas you'll get better Gas Mileage than using 87 Octane.
Now if you have any Spare Cash to Spend I'd get Duals Next, for $319 you can go to (newtakeoff.com) and get their True Dual Exhaust Kit, I just put it on My 07 and Love it.
Click on the (Camera) under My Avatar Picture and it'll take you to My Members Picture Gallery and in there, there's Pictures of the JLT CAI and SCT X3 Tuner, also Installed on My Stang. Also there's Pic's of the True Dual Kit from NTO. Just some suggestions for you for future thoughts on Mod's.
Nice Stang ( I Like The Color) Enjoy and let us know what's Next:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
531 Posts
i just seen them going for that price range. im sure you could still talk them down more since people are trying to buy gas savers.

either way good luck and do what #1fordlover said- MOD that baby :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Looks like you got a good deal :bigthumbsup, You might consider doing something with that spoiler its kinda too big and takes away from the look of the car, IMO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, I'm already trying to get rid of it now haha. I need to find a stock spoiler that's smaller or someone who wants the other one and will trade trunks.

·
Registered
531 Posts
i think they were trying to copy that old cobra look. definitely take it off :nono:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Ditch the RICER wing out back but otherwise a sharp looking pony. :cooldude: Good luck and start saving for those mods.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Mine was a 2007 GT Vert Premium 5speed with GT pkg used one local owner only 16000 Canadian kilometers Shaker 1000 Xm radio....the owner paid $46000 .....I bought it for $23500....could not be happier

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Looks like you got a good deal :bigthumbsup, You might consider doing something with that spoiler its kinda too big and takes away from the look of the car, IMO
Ya know I thought I saw that but was'nt sure, it is kinda Big, makes it look like a Superbird:winks Not Pickin on your Stang, get them Mods though:bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 22 Posts