Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a 08 v6 stang with CAI and 93 racing tune come close to a stock GT speed wise?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Would a 08 v6 stang with CAI and 93 racing tune come close to a stock GT speed wise?
not at all..............need alot more then that. if you want some get up and go, then get intake full exhaust and gears with a tune. but even that wont put you close to a gt.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you're talking same as year as yours; nope no chance at all. You're gonna need boost or spray.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
A CAI & Tuner will however wake your car up! You will think you are driving another car. You will be nicely surprised.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Sorry to say but it won't even be close to a stock 05-10 GT with just a tune and CAI. You will need a lot of work......

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay I just wanted to know. I have no intention of leaving my v6 any time soon but i do plan on getting the cai and tune as my next big purchase.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Funny you should ask....Just drove a 2010 GT 4.6 5 spd. last night at my local dealership. My 07 4.0 5 spd. has a JLT intake,Flowmaster and running a 93 octane Bama race tune. Not even close to the 4.6 GT, although the 4.0 is in some cases greater HP than some of the Fox and SN95 GT's of previous years.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish insurance would let me have a GT. Maybe some day

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Really? How much more was insurance? Mine didn't go up all that much from a 4cyl Mitsubishi Gallant to my GT. I'm not sure how old you are, that might make a difference, but did you check into it?

Also, after you put on the cai/tune, I highly suggest you get some gears. 4.10s are great IMO. 3.73 if you do a lot of highway driving is what other's suggest (I'd still go with the 4.10s:winks). These 3 things will make your car a lot of fun to drive and you'll be quite a bit faster:bigthumbsup.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im not exactly sure but they are not as friendly to college kids. Intake and tune will be the next big purchase, once i get more money and finish installing my stripes

·
Registered
268 Posts
Funny you should ask....Just drove a 2010 GT 4.6 5 spd. last night at my local dealership. My 07 4.0 5 spd. has a JLT intake,Flowmaster and running a 93 octane Bama race tune. Not even close to the 4.6 GT, although the 4.0 is in some cases greater HP than some of the Fox and SN95 GT's of previous years.
Hahaha you would bring up the SN95 vs 4.0 debate lol. Stock for stock the SN95 is faster, a few mods and the V6 catches up.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I disagree with the majority. I think it would be a drivers race since a while back I drag raced a 2007 GT and he did not blow me out of the water at all. I was bone stock except a single Magnaflow muffler. He def. won, but by like a hood length. It all depends if the GT driver underestimates you.

PS: The drag race took place during rush hour 6:00pm on an open surface street. It was one of my favorite/scariest races ever. Afterwards we chit chatted at the red light. Nice guy.:littleangel

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i always seem to get paired up with the built v8`s at the track. i think i surprise alot of them off the line with my n/a V6 :gringreen but then they kill me in the big end. thats ok, its still alot of fun. someday i hope to really surprise them with a little supercharger action :winks

you can add some pep with that cai and tune, gears, bolts ons ect and have some fun :bigthumbsup its not all about trying to beat another mustang with a bigger engine. have fun, be happy :bounce2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts