Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if i was to go out and buy a air filter lets say a K&N one....would it give me a noticable difference at all with either performance or the way the car runs?

·
Registered
899 Posts
In short... yes. You will see more of a difference if you go with a CAI, but changing a stock filter with a high flow filter will see an improvement.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi jakesnake,

We like our K & N filter. We put a catback set of Flowmaster 40's on at the same time, so I don't know how much the CIA alone improves performance, but we're very pleased with the overall results. Highway mileage (5 speed) is around 28 mpg, which we also like.

Take it from me though, be sure to put that little screen door wire mesh thingee in the CIA assembly. You wouldn't think such a small part could have such a huge negative effect on your car's performance.

Dale

·
Registered
669 Posts
it won't be noticeable. you'll get a few miles more to the gallon and an insignificant boost (<3 HP) of horsepower. CAI's will give you a more noticeable power change.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I agree

I agree, a CIA will make a much larger difference. I had a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and originally put a regular K&N Filter in it and didn't even notice the differance. A few months later I upgraded to the K&N CIA and the differance was huge. Got more throtle responce and it sounded better. I even notice an MPG gain of 2 MPG, and on an SUV that was huge.

I didn't even mes around this time and went straight for the CIA for the Stang.:bigthumbsup Get one you won't regret it.:gringreen

·
Registered
124 Posts
Made a huge difference to me.:bigthumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.