Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting the SLP Loudmouth II or I. (Not really sure of the difference yet), but I was wondering if it could lower gas milage?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
It shouldn't, unless you drive it like you stole it lol. It should increase mpg, but not by much. Ones louder than the other between I and II.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wow, that's great. I was thinking that it would bring it down by a couple miles. thanks

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
slp lm 1 is louder than 2. because it uses bulet resonators.. slp lm 2 uses shotgun style resonators wich are quieter

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
If you drove it easy, you MIGHT gain 1-2 extra mpg at the most. SLP is a good choice.

·
Super Moderator
40,151 Posts
agree with above....mine got better mileage when i installed the o/r x and glasspacks...

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
^^^ that setup must be raspy as a mofo, glasspaks are insane resonators.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so if i just get this SLP Mustang Loudmouth II Catback (99-04 GT)
the SLP Mustang Loudmouth II Catback, would it be noticably louder than stock. I heard the SLP Mustang Loudmouth I Catback sounds like a helicopter landing in front of you or something. I do not want to make the neighbors ears to bleed. Would it affect perfomance?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Increase in performance will minimal unless you get an o/r mid pipe then you'll gain some decent hp.

·
Registered
676 Posts
LOL .. yea, I guess if you drove it harder because of the sounds you'd lose MPG. But, you'd be grinning the whole time and probably not notice.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
any aftermarket exhaust should give atleast 1mpg+ on fuel economy and should sound far superior over stock. personally i'd say get SLP loudmouth I's with a catted X pipe. you get the chopper sound from o/r X or o/r H with the lm's.. if you get LM1's with a catted x pipe you will have no problem with inspection/emissions and i bet you will love the new sound of your car

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Lol, Shake N Bake:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mustang SLP Loudmouth Catback at AmericanMuscle.com

Mustang SLP X-Pipe at AmericanMuscle.com

this is a pricey setup if you decide on it use coupon code "mustangforums" and save yourself 6%...... i'm 100% sure you will enjoy the sound and the the extra 20hp

edit: coupon code -Fobra SHAKE N BAKE MAN!-:gringreen:gringreen
So how loud would that be compared to the Loudmouth II? I don't want an extremely loud car just louder than the stock exhaust I currently have.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i have the slp lm1 with stock h pipe and it sounds almost stock inside the car...outside it is loud but it isnt overly loud and it sounds really good at idle...im going to order the slp catted x as soon as i get my next paycheck =D

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
yeah id get slp 1 catback for now, then if it is'nt loud enough for you go withthe catted mid pipe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.