Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I got some good news... the salesperson called me up and said that the black 2012 GT that I ordered was listed as 'In-Transit' so I'm expecting it sometime next week I hope. He said they pulled a few strings so instead of late June - early July I could be driving it much sooner.

Anyway - I ordered some red 10" lemans striping and some red BOSS style C-stripes. They also sent me some red 'GT hood spears'. I'm just not sure if the spears would look alright with the lemans stripes. I checked the web and Grapic Express has a pic with both spears and lemans (there lemans stripes are 12") on a light blue Mustang. I think it kinda looks cool but I'm just not quite sure about adding the spears. The 3rd pic is what the spears they sent look like except in black and on a Mustang without a hood scoop. I ordered my GT with a hood scoop (GT Coupe Accessory Package 5).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
It's your car but no.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I think the hood stripes and the spears are just a little too much, jmo though.

I am glad you posted the pic with the hood scoop and the spear. I too ordered the package 5 and was thinking about the spear but after I see it with the scoop, I don't think I like it. I don't like the way it goes past the scoop.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I think it may look a bit silly. Le Mans stripes are classy because it has that distinct "clean" look with just the two stripes on the fender.

However, I really do like the spears. I plan on doing the following (in matte black) on my Black Mustang:

To give it a Boss-esque look. I gave it a 305R just for the lolz.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think it might be a bit toooo much

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think it may look a bit silly. Le Mans stripes are classy because it has that distinct "clean" look with just the two stripes on the fender.

However, I really do like the spears. I plan on doing the following (in matte black) on my Black Mustang:

To give it a Boss-esque look. I gave it a 305R just for the lolz.
Thats basically what I was thinking about doing. Where can you get that L strip can customize it with the 305? I'm getting the glass roof, so instead of lemans, I'm thinking spears and L side stripes.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I kinda regret not doing "227R" most every car uses the cu.in. for their #'s.

I got mine from eBay.

Also, if you go a visibly different color (than my Black on Black) I would recommend getting a solid spear instead of a text'd one. There would be a lot going on and would be visually confusing. The ###R looks way better than the MUSTANG does anyway.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Honestly DrS16, I say go for it. I think it looks great. Kind of like sharks teeth on the main Le mans stripes. Aggressive!!!! DO NOT DO SIDE STRIPES. It's Le Mans or BOSS. Don't mix them as it's way too busy

Personally I went with a 69 Inverse C BOSS stripe and the compliments are outrageous, everywhere I go!! Bottom line is that your car will be BOSS of the streets no matter what. It will be cool! BTW I'm originally from Essex, but spent a few years at U of Windsor

Nothing wrong with ROUSH stripes either. My advice is to to do something!!!!! We only have a few short years to make something of the car. Spend it wisely. I see so many run of the mill 96-05 (or so) V6's that it really is painful. It's your car dude...do what you want to do!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think lemans and spears and also lemans and c stripes would both look terrible. Too much happening and it's like combining shelby stripes with boss stripes which is silly.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I kinda regret not doing "227R" most every car uses the cu.in. for their #'s.

I got mine from
eBay.

Also, if you go a visibly different color (than my Black on Black) I would recommend getting a solid spear instead of a text'd one. There would be a lot going on and would be visually confusing. The ###R looks way better than the MUSTANG does anyway.
Ok, I feel like a dumbass, but whats the R stand for?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I would not do both, too busy and takes away from the look. BUT, it is your car,
do what you want with it to make it your own. And if you decide you don't like
it, they come off easily.
Enjoy your new ride and do not worry about other's opinions, it's not their car.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the responses. I didn't have a chance to respond earlier than this since I was out camping for the Victoria Day weeekend (canadian holiday). I'll take them all into consideration when making up my decision. I'm also gonna ask the guy at the shop where they're gonna put the decals on what he thinks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Honestly DrS16, I say go for it. I think it looks great. Kind of like sharks teeth on the main Le mans stripes. Aggressive!!!! DO NOT DO SIDE STRIPES. It's Le Mans or BOSS. Don't mix them as it's way too busy

Personally I went with a 69 Inverse C BOSS stripe and the compliments are outrageous, everywhere I go!! Bottom line is that your car will be BOSS of the streets no matter what. It will be cool! BTW I'm originally from Essex, but spent a few years at U of Windsor

Nothing wrong with ROUSH stripes either. My advice is to to do something!!!!! We only have a few short years to make something of the car. Spend it wisely. I see so many run of the mill 96-05 (or so) V6's that it really is painful. It's your car dude...do what you want to do!!!
It's nice to know I'm not the only U of Windsor alumni on the board. Although my degree in Devolpmental Psych hasn't helped me much I still think you get a quality education there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Too busy, I would do only the le mans stripes. Don't do the le mans and c-stripes also imo just stick to one theme.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Ok, I feel like a dumbass, but whats the R stand for?
Technically it's a custom Roush stripe, but R also stands for Race model cars (IE. Nissan & Viper GT-R). It just looks bad a$$ to me! I will post pics this Friday after my dealer installs it this Thursday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.