Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have quite a few codes. So here is my description. I have a 2000 Gt. and for about two months its had I weird idle. Like it would drop down to 500rpms etc and sometimes stall. Well then it started jumping up and down on a cold start. This would be random to. Some days it would be fine others it wouldnt. Then I started to feel a hesitation at cruising speeds and it really confised me. WOT it would run like the beast she is. The other morning the check engine light was blinking. and i know it was a misfire. Seems that cylinder 3 misfired. pulled the plug out. plug looked good. they are only a few months old anyways. So I ordered a coil. Waiting for it to come in and hopefully that fixes the misfire. But at the same time I havent had the engine light blink anymore. It just stays on. Here are the codes it pulled. P0455, P0401 , P1150, P0174, P0303. I know this is long and I may be asking a lot. but if someone could explain these codes better to me and tell me how to fix them I will greatly appreciate it. Another thing I have noticed is Since I put my Catless x pipe on when I start it up and let it idle for a few white smoke comes out the exhaust? Any info on that would be appreciated as well. I just wanna get my Gt Back as she should be with no CEL!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Alright my guess is you have multiple issues but not as many as you think as some are related and triggering each other. I'll help with what I can.

455 & 401 are related....most likely cause is a loose/damaged gas cap not sealing. Possibly an EGR issue too but most likely the 455 is triggering the 401. Do you smell gas?

303 will probably be rectified with the new coil pack, assuming the plug is good as you said and assuming that ignition wire is good too.

As for 1150 & 174 I believe they are related but would need more info regarding this catless x-pipe....did you do anything with the O2's are you running a programmer or mil eliminators?

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
515 Posts
moving the coil will tell something..code will follow coil if its the coil causing 303..

the 455/401 is vacuum issues...

174/1150 are for the same o2 ..

after resetting pcm how long does it take for service engine light to come on?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No mil Eliminators. But I did put in some quite expensive bosh o2s on the rear. The guy who read my codes said one of the codes were bank 2 heated 02 not sure which one that is. He also said one code was egr related. I'm not sure of any vacuum leaks. If there is one it's surly not a big one. I also have a diesel like tick which seems like it's coming from the rear of the engine. Can hear it at idle.

·
Registered
515 Posts
maybe find another guy...

top of this section has stickys...it has a list of codes...

bank 2 is the o2 that your getting po174/1150

o2s-#21..or bank 2 sensor 1.....drivers side forward/upstream

the flashing engine light is bad..than po303...po353 would be for the coil..303 could be stuck/bent valve causing flashing engine light and 303 and the new noise you have..and the puffs of smoke

a basic compression test will help..

trying to understand all this is harder than fixing your car...so much so fast...

options are ford service manual...here you will find all the info you need,than ask here when you have question..

there is a link on this site for 2005 and up manual...

Ford Service Manuals - 2005

there is also a link for 2003 to have the manual on your desktop..

Index of /images/2003_Mustang_Manual

chiltons free link is closed...hope these others stay

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Just wondering. Why install expensive Bosh O2 sensors in the rear position on a car with NO cats? Without cats and a stock tune, it will always throw a rear O2 sensor DTC.

Since the rear O2's don't affect how it runs, you could just as easily saved your $$ and disconnected them. Of course this won't fix the DTC. MIL's or tune is needed for that.

As others have said, always focus first on the Misfire DTC's before moving on. Misfire DTC's can cause many other DTC's.

Consider the misfire could be fuel injector related. So if swapping the COP doesn't move the cylinder, focus next on the Fuel injector.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The old rear sensors were seized in the old pipe. Well I'm waiting for my cop to come in I saved a few bucks and got it from rockauto. Can I take my bosh sensors and put them up front,and put the old fromy ones in the rear maybe?

·
Registered
515 Posts
The old rear sensors were seized in the old pipe. Well I'm waiting for my cop to come in I saved a few bucks and got it from rockauto. Can I take my bosh sensors and put them up front,and put the old fromy ones in the rear maybe?
if the coil isnt motorcraft...trash it..

its always best to do all parts together...coils do all 8...o2s do all 4...

these are very important parts...

coils get weak over time as do o2 sensor react slower...

watch on these sites on brand being sold...tousley ford is best for oem parts..if im doing mail order...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is a motorcade coil I ordered. It's just cheaper from rock auto than the local parts store. $20 saved means a lot if you have a low budget

·
Registered
515 Posts
It is a motorcade coil I ordered. It's just cheaper from rock auto than the local parts store. $20 saved means a lot if you have a low budget
yea i have a 4v..ford racing sell a set of 8 just over 200...

i didnt see a set for 2v...

how much is rock auto? what motorcraft number?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts