Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finishing up an install of a quarter on the right side. There's a nice gap between the end cap (quarter panel extension) and the tail light panel where the curve is that is so large I can fit my index finger through it. The total irony of the situation is--reproduction full quarter on driver's side, original qpanel extension, gap is great.

Now on passenger's side, cut full quarter down to use it as a skin so I'm keeping the original ends of the quarter on the car. Needed a new qpanel extension on that side as mine was cracked so bought an original used one off ebay. You'd think the other side would have a huge gap, but no, this is the side with the huge gap!

Was hoping a few of my beloved brother's and sisters in mustangicity here could post some pics of the gap between their quarter panel extensions and tail light panel (looking at it from the gas filler) so I can see if I'm awesome or worthless.

Everyone who posts a picture will earn one 'like' point from me. Once you've earned enough 'like' points, you can redeem them for a kiss from the Pig Muffin.

Thanks muchacho/as.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Here are a couple pics that I hope will be helpful. As you can see, the gaps on mine are close, but not identical. I wonder how many truely are?

With the utmost respect to Pig Muffin, I'll take a pass on the kiss.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I'm gonna say that I had little to no gap with repro "full" skins and repro quarter extensions, but here are a few pics that may help with your comparisons...you could post some of yours at the angle you'd like and I will try to get some this evening.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Noel the first picture is exactly the angle I'm looking for, just a little closer. I'm specifically looking at the inside of the extension where it curves against the curve of the tail light panel right against the rear tail light.

Yeah, your gaps do look good. Eek.

Thanks for the pics so far.

Wsovonick--sorry, that's not my call, you'll have to take it up with the Pig Muffin. Needless to say he does not take rejection too well :gringreen

·
Registered
547 Posts
Sorry I didn't quite understand what you were looking for the first time. Here's a pic of the passenger side from a club member's 67.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, there is virtually no gap there. So what the crap is my issue? I'm beginning to be truly stumped on this one...

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Here's some close-ups. Sorry about the tail panel option, it kinda blocks the view...

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
Is that blue tape an option for those without a locking gas cap? :)
That was taken at our club's display at the DC Auto Show. The Fire Marshall said if the gas cap doesn't lock, it has to be taped. I'm still not sure how that helps anything, but we didn't burn the place down. :bigthumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts