Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out Mustang Plus and they have Grab-A-trac leaf spring kits. I was going to get the 4 1/2 leaf stardard eye to jack up the rear.

If I put these on with my High Performance KYB Gas A just shocks would they raise the rear, and still give a good ride?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi there,

I understand the standard eye will give you a ride height close to stock. If your rear end is saggy it will lift it back up to stock :gringreen.

I understand the mid eye will drop it by 1" from stock and the reverse exy will drop it 2" from stoock.

I think the 4.5 leaf is a little more firm ride than stock but someone else here will know for sure.

Steve

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have the 4 1/2 leaf standard eye grab a track leaf springs with some 1" lowering springs in the front. With that set-up it sits a little higher in the back than in the front. I think mid-eye springs would make it sit about level. As far as ride comfort, i really can't help much since my engine is being rebuilt and i haven't driven the car yet. It's pretty firm though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Right now the springs and shocks are bad, and the car sits so low. When i hit a bump the tires scar the wheel housing, so i need to bring it up a little higher. :shiny:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I have 4 1/2 mideye leafs with KYB GR-2's and the ride is smooth but firm, if I was going for higher and smoother I'd have gone 4 leaf and GR-2's. I've read a lot of posts that the gas-a-justs are very stiff and many take them off after installing.
Jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.