Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ford 4 speed toploader type transmission with a 14 inch tail shaft I have no current need for. Wide ratio gearing. 10 spline input shaft, 28 spline output shaft. I do not have a bell housing or the linkage. The gears look as good as new. Perfect original piece for a hot rod, muscle car, or truck restoration.

Asking $350.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hello. :) Are you thinking about buying this transmission? If yes, it would certainly save you a ton of money on shipping. Isn't Kennesaw right down the road from Acworth on 441? :)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Yes, The transmission will fit. It is NOT a top loader four speed - it is a 3spd OD that looks like a toploader. It is not as strong as a toploader - more on the lines of the 303 Fourd 3 speed with an OD.
If you know that then you know he is asking too much money for it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow thanks for that info. i dont think im going to get it now. if im going to spend my hard earned money i want to spend it on something good. BTW how can you tell?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The case has a bulge on the side to make room for that great big gear that is the OD gear.
David Kees has a great list and write up on the OD transmissions on his web page

1 - 9 of 9 Posts