Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going home yesterday it was lightly snowing. coming in the opposite direction comes a huge salt truck :doh: No where to pull off the road :sosad: Sure enough, my Pony gets blasted with salt, sounds like I was plastered with rocks. :sterb: :shocked: :sadcry: :madas: :weeps :what: :nogrinner :anianger: :help: :mad:
Rats.
You people in the sun belt, hush up. :wavey

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Yikes, thats worse than driving on salty roads, hope the salt didn't F up your paint or wheels. My friend one time had some nice aluminum wheels and a salt truck blasted it, left some nice salt marks behind.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
new stang owner said:
My girl hasnt seen salt yet, so I am lucky.

Where in Michigan are you from, pc? I am in Grand Rapids.
Close to Milan area. My wife is traveling up this this morning to see someone in a hospital, saw that they are predicting 1-2" snow there today.

·
Registered
172 Posts
pcfrisch said:
Close to Milan area. My wife is traveling up this this morning to see someone in a hospital, saw that they are predicting 1-2" snow there today.
Its very nice here right now. Sun is out and dry roads. The lake effect warning is for south of GR. WHat way is she coming up? She should be just fine!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I moved to vegas from Grand Rapids. It's chilly but this place gets snow like one morning a decade and I can ride my bike year round. I just got my GT and I've been sliding around corners on dry roads. I wouldn't be able to drive it in the snow at all.

·
Registered
269 Posts
No sympathy here, Michigan is the sunbelt compared to the frozen wasteland I live in mate! If you can swing it why not buy a POS beater, then you can pull up right behind the salt trucks to hear the groovy sound effects and how the sound changes as it blasts the assorted panels on your car:) I was going to winter drive my GT but once I figured out the cost of rims and tires for the winter, along with what I save in insurance (and gas) it just made sense to buy a piece of crap for the winter, it cost less than 10% of the price of my new GT and instead of being paranoid on ice I'm fishtailing and doing doughnuts every chance I get:laughlitt . At anyrate enjoying that gorgeous new ride:wavey

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
new stang owner said:
Its very nice here right now. Sun is out and dry roads. The lake effect warning is for south of GR. WHat way is she coming up? She should be just fine!
She just called me, she said it was sunny and dry there :laughlitt

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tastyone said:
No sympathy here, Michigan is the sunbelt compared to the frozen wasteland I live in mate! If you can swing it why not buy a POS beater, then you can pull up right behind the salt trucks to hear the groovy sound effects and how the sound changes as it blasts the assorted panels on your car:) I was going to winter drive my GT but once I figured out the cost of rims and tires for the winter, along with what I save in insurance (and gas) it just made sense to buy a piece of crap for the winter, it cost less than 10% of the price of my new GT and instead of being paranoid on ice I'm fishtailing and doing doughnuts every chance I get:laughlitt . At anyrate enjoying that gorgeous new ride:wavey
Funny you should mention that, but yeah, it is my fault, I do have a chevy pickup winter beater, but I just hate not driving the Mustang!

·
Registered
200 Posts
pcfrisch said:
Funny you should mention that, but yeah, it is my fault, I do have a chevy pickup winter beater, but I just hate not driving the Mustang!
The lengh of time you spent in C/U I dont blame you.

·
Registered
418 Posts
We had a light skift of snow and they dumped salt all over this town. I pulled up to an intersection out here and there was a huge pile on the road. It made me cringe.

Just took the car today to one of those washes that sprays all underneath. Hope that helps some. That and the undercoating.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My pony is in the garage nice and clean and covered up snug-as-a-bug :laughlitt

·
Registered
39 Posts
pcfrisch said:
AMEN to that. It's supposed to snow tonight but not till around 7 and I should be home by then. Didn't get a chance to drive her all weekend so i HAD to take her to work today.

Glad I didn't drive her over the weekend. Here in PA, they use pretreat on the roads which is HORRIBLE for the car. My wife's new gray sorento was white by the time we got to wash it from the weekend travel.

:: shudders ::

·
Registered
64 Posts
I live in Los Angeles and I have never seen a "salt trucks" here :tongue

Hell I love going to see the christmas lights with the top down getting a "moon tan"

·
Registered
98 Posts
turn2 said:
I live in Los Angeles and I have never seen a "salt trucks" here :tongue

Hell I love going to see the christmas lights with the top down getting a "moon tan"
God Bless my little Floridian Island.:cool:

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lostsk8r said:
wow salt?
THANK GOD FOR FLORIDA
Salt but no hurricanes :shocked:

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
98 Posts
pcfrisch said:
Salt but no hurricanes :shocked:
Yes, but I can run away from hurricanes!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.