Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I can think of nothing good that would come from doing this. Unless you always drive speed limit!

·
Registered
200 Posts
SharpTJ said:
https://gettripsense.progressive.com/ECYHome.aspx?Page=ECYTermsConditions

It is from my insurance company...but weary of reprocussions...basically they offer me $50 to record my driving habits for 6 months and promise not to use the info collected against me except when required by law.
Not a chance in H E double hockey pucks. Theres no way at least not for me to keep my foot off that go pedal. Unless I can find a highwy with a speed limit of 140

·
Registered
829 Posts
No. I would shovel a few driveways for the 50 bucks before I would ever do that. And I am old and worn out.... so, I guess I would die first.

understand ? Don't do it. They will compile a few stats on the GT and they would not be good me thinks...

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I dont care how much they offer me, I would never allow anything like that on my car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've been tempted by something similar. As I understood it, your rates couldn't be raised, but might be lowered. I never really decided, but just put it off. In the end though, I think it will be a bunch of little steps like this that'll finish in 1984. Seems like we've had a lot of those little steps in the past several years.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Not even for $500, why have a GT. They are gonna log rpms, speed, throttle position,etc. Maybe on a yugo, it wouldnt go quickly even if you wanted it to.:happyhapp

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Above is my exact first thought: NOT EVEN FOR $500!!

I could put it in my beater... hardly a speed monster... would that get the rate down on the Stang and the wifes Volvo?

·
Registered
403 Posts
imagine in 5-10 years...you get tboned by a drunk driver running a redlight. he says you ran the stopsign, pays a punk to sneak into the impound lot and swap data by downloading a hacked file right from his mp3 wristwatch, says car had not stopped for a minute or so before impact..."the car says you ran the stopsign and my client refused the breath test because he was disoriented..."
Even if a punk couldnt do it, rest assured someone out there that wrote the code COULD. 1984?

I read last summer about a guy that got busted by dealer by hitting rev limiter in high gear or something like that that caused check engine light...not covered by warranty...guess the new cars record some on their own already- but only last few minutes or some such time, and some unusual/extreme events...

·
Registered
914 Posts
I would not only refuse the offer, I would tell my insurance company where to put it!

$50? - I can make that much in the time it takes to fart, and as others have already said - not even for $500 - my freedom cannot be bought. :sterb:

tell them NO!!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Cornelius said:
...In the end though, I think it will be a bunch of little steps like this that'll finish in 1984. Seems like we've had a lot of those little steps in the past several years.
Not sure I understand the reference. Are you alluding to "Big Brother"? It's the "finish in 1984" that's got me perplexed.

Aside from that, I would NEVER voluteer ANY information up to the insurance companies. They may "promise" not to raise your rates...but what about the next new customer? Then the other companies get on the band wagon and when you change insurance companies you've just screwed yourself into a higher rate!

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
vynle said:
i would ! for the 6MOS. I HAVE IT IN THE GARAGE FOR WINTER!!!!!LOL.vynle:winks
Now that would be cool, start it up once in awhile, move it a couple inches, do that until the end of winter. :eyebulge:

·
Registered
164 Posts
$50 bucks is an insult. So would $500... $5000 would take some consideration. Probably still not. "Luke! Don't go over to the dark side! "

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I agree 50 bucks for 6 months of surveillence? I could only think that would hurt fellow mustang drivers insurance. I say keep those screwballs in th dark :-D(that is unless your a really good and safe driver)

·
Registered
145 Posts
No way, all you're gonna do by giving htem that permission is fill the stereotype as to why and how people who have GT's drive the way they do =P

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok...I think I am goin to get it and let my friend put it on his taurus and see if we get caught. If we do, its not like I have lost anything.

Oh, and was the 1984 comment in respect to the book entititled "1984" by Gearoge Orwell?

·
Registered
44 Posts
er, yeah... 1984 = the book. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Big brother is watching.

·
Registered
329 Posts
anyperson to accept this offer must be stupid, even on a beater car, why would you want anyone to spy on you, what will the $50 buy you, this offer can only hurt you and other fellow mustang owners, the next time you buy a GT few years down the line they will have records of other sell outs and they will jack the prices up for insurance,

if you really need $50 sell your car and buy a bicycle

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.