Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Mustang convertible. I smashed the front end. The fenders are fine. The headlights are fine and the grill with the fog lights can be repaired. I need a hood and front bumper or whatever you call it . Where is the cheapest place to order body parts. I also need a radiator and A/C condenser. I can fix it myself since it's all just nuts and bolts but I need to order the parts and then get them painted. Any advice appreciated. I can't be without my convertible for long. Thanks.馃槥

Registered
For parts I usually use:
LMR.com
CJPonyparts.com
Tascaparts.com
Fordpartsgiant.com

What's your coverage and deductible? It may be way cheaper to file a claim and just pay the deductible.

Registered
I agree with the above statement. I would look to finding a used front bumper cover preferably already in your color. I did this for body parts when I wrecked an F150. I got both doors and a fender in the very same color. No painting required on them other than some touch up. Not having to paint an entire front door alone saved me hundreds of dollars. Any salvage yard can locate what you need across the country in their database.
Even if you can't find the original color than I'd just buy a used original one no matter what the color. Repro parts usually leave a lot to be desired and they never fit as well as a new original or used originals.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. I will look into used parts and check out the sites from Jeremy. It'll be hard to match the color because it's a light blue that I don't see often, but I will try that. Gonna tear it apart this Sunday (6-13) and put together a list. The seat belt tensioner is jammed but the airbag did not fire.

Oh, I just carry lability insurance so no help there.

Registered
i would also start with salvage yards, most of them have national networks with on-line systems these days, like this one:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more question guys. What model year range will fit my '07? It's a V-6 but I wouldn't mind upgrading to GT parts. Thanks again.

Registered
generally 05-09 ; there was a body style change in 2010

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
'05-'09 Got it. Thanks. I appreciate all the help and will keep you guys posted with pics and progress. I'll be tearing it down tomorrow.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the car torn down and I'm not too bad off. I need a bumper cover, hood and radiator. I will be calling every junkyard in the Detroit area to try to find these in my color (light blue). If I get GT parts that's great but I'll be happy to find V-6 style parts too. Now the biggest problem is that the cross bar with the hood latch is mangled pretty bad. I'm going to try to straighten it with a come-along chained to a tree. If it's too difficult then I will weld in a new section. If someone could post a pic looking straight down like my pic here it would help me and I would greatly appreciate it. The car looked really bad after the crash but I jumped up and down on the hood to push it down and pulled the grill out to make it look not so bad so they'd let me drive it home which was 2 miles away!
IMG_3997.JPG

Super Moderator
I think I鈥檇 just get a radiator support at the junkyard while at it.

Reactions: Jeremy Weigel

Super Moderator
Best wishes all goes well. If that front support isn't properly aligned the bumper cover fit will be difficult go align.

As far as the bumper cover and radiator and condenser I would go with RockAuto. You want a primed bumper cover, not one that needs to be stripped down and repainted. As far as a hood, now would be the time to consider fiberglass because finding a used one without corrosion is difficult.

Sorry you had an accident and hope you escaped with nothing more than a bruise or some minor soreness.

Registered
The passenger side bumper support looks pushed in a bit more than the driver side yet the upper part of the radiator support looks more bent in on the driver side. The radiator support is likely too mangled to get bent back properly but I guess you can give it a try. Not being able to open/close the hood will be a real pain so it might be best to just buy another rad support. You can just buy a can of color match paint for that and it'll suffice.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a sore ankle ONEZ ST. The radiator support is mangled bad. Can that part be purchased because it is welded in? I could take my portable torch and cut one out at a junkyard I guess if they'd let me.I can do light welding so installing it would not be a problem. I will still need to pull both ends out and down slightly. I will straighten the end of the "bumper."

Registered
You may have to put the come-along on the bumper support too. I'm not talking about the creased in front most part. I'm talking about the whole thing being pushed in farther on the passenger side. There are two tubular pieces of metal that are welded to the subframe that look like they slide into each other in an impact. It looks like that happened a little on the passenger side at least.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There is evidence that the car has been in a previous crash but the only evidence is to the "bumper." There is a crack with rust. This is looking down at the center as in the pic on post #11. I'll be busy calling junkyards tomorrow! I will try to get the "radiator support" also and weld it in. Thanks again for the help. I'm a mechanic but not a body guy!
IMG_0004.JPG

Registered
Yea, I would definitely replace the core support. Went through the same thing after someone backed in to the front of mine back in '13. Body shop did all the work. The only thing I didn't like was they used an aftermarket condenser.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts