Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2005 mustang v6 with flowmaster 40 series dual mufflers. i was j/w if a x pipe or a h pipe would give my v6 a lower tone. any feedback would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have a 2005 mustang v6 with flowmaster 40 series dual mufflers. i was j/w if a x pipe or a h pipe would give my v6 a lower tone. any feedback would be appreciated. thanks.
hey man i would roll with the h pipe if your going for that "muscle sound" i guess. That would lower the tone, and make it louder but it would deff sound great. If you did use cats it would really sound great. The X-pipe would also sound great, but it sort of has a raspy tone at high rpm's. which i love but some people i guess dont really go for that sound. but you can always go to youtube to help you decide.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Don't mistake this for criticism- I am just offering an opinion (and you know what they say about opinions....), but from what I have seen and heard, the Flowmasters don't usually make a great sound with a V6; I personally think the best sounding muffers on V6 stangs are Borla's. Worked V6's that flow a lot of fuel and air, and therefor flow more exhaust, will sound better with the Flowmaters, but IMO I think the stock V6 doesn't flow enough exhaust gases to make the sound you are probably looking for. Either way you go with the muffler, an X- or H- pipe will help you make a little more low-end torque. I don't think there is a huge difference in the two, so I would recommend going with the the best price... Good luck- let us know what you do and how it works....

·
Registered
124 Posts
i think its... X if u want performance, and H if u want sound

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
on the V8's i prefer an H pipe. But with the V6 my buddy has a FRPP X pipe and MRT aero-turbines (look like borla stingers) and it sounds sick:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
never had a x pipe or any expensive mufflers. i`m happy with what i have though.
YouTube - 2005 Mustang V6 4 0 JBA H pipe GT mufflers
hey man i definitely like the way urs sounds. im not really going for performance with the exhuast so ill prolly go with the h pipe. and referring to what the other guy said about borla exhaust i really dont feel like putting new exhaust on my car right now so ima stick with the flows. thnx for everyones posts so far

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.