Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XCal-2 from Brenspeed showed up today just before lunch and I rushed out to the parking lot in my excitement and flashed my stang. I have a tank of 87 octane in the car now and therefore loaded Brents 87 octane tune. It was super easy and only took a couple minutes and the result: WOW!! Holy CRAP what a difference! The sluggishness in the throttle is gone, the shifts are firm and it can just break loose very easily now. The best part of this is that I'm still using my stock air intake system as I have not had the time to install my AEM Brute Force CAI. So now I can't wait to get my CAI on and fuel up with some higher octane fuel and try those tunes.

All I can say is that no matter how much you read what a difference a custom tune can make, you have to be sitting in the drivers seat to truly realize what a difference it makes!

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
good to hear this...I ordered mine today :)

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
vistapony said:
My XCal-2 from Brenspeed showed up today just before lunch and I rushed out to the parking lot in my excitement and flashed my stang. I have a tank of 87 octane in the car now and therefore loaded Brents 87 octane tune. It was super easy and only took a couple minutes and the result: WOW!! Holy CRAP what a difference! The sluggishness in the throttle is gone, the shifts are firm and it can just break loose very easily now. The best part of this is that I'm still using my stock air intake system as I have not had the time to install my AEM Brute Force CAI. So now I can't wait to get my CAI on and fuel up with some higher octane fuel and try those tunes.

All I can say is that no matter how much you read what a difference a custom tune can make, you have to be sitting in the drivers seat to truly realize what a difference it makes!
Congrats! I've had my X-cal2 and C&L from Brenspeed installed for several months now. Just wait until you try the 93 tune! Night and day from the 87.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Nice, glad to hear you like it!
Is it bad to run a tune for a CAI without a CAI installed? no check engine light?

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Stoenr said:
Nice, glad to hear you like it!
Is it bad to run a tune for a CAI without a CAI installed? no check engine light?
Probably will run a little lean since the tune compensates for the increased airflow from a CAI. Not a big problem in the short term but performance could actually suffer and it could cause a CEL.

·
Registered
829 Posts
stlwagon said:
Probably will run a little lean since the tune compensates for the increased airflow from a CAI. Not a big problem in the short term but performance could actually suffer and it could cause a CEL.
It'll run rich...less air is in than what it is mapped for... BUT it is only gunna do this if you floor it or 75% up throttle.
Running in closed loop it won't know any better because it has the o2 sensor to get it right.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have had mine on 93 since i got it a few months ago. I got the intake and all. Runs great! No problems yet. This is my first tune too. Lets say Brenspeed is looking at the tune and finds a way to improve it some. Do we get a revision update?

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
It'll run rich...less air is in than what it is mapped for... BUT it is only gunna do this if you floor it or 75% up throttle.
Running in closed loop it won't know any better because it has the o2 sensor to get it right.
You're right... Don't know what I was thinking. Had my air & fuel backwards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.