Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys looks like Xmas will come early this year for me. After completing my engine rebuild i bought some AM cobra r rims 17x9 and 17x10, some H&R Super Sport springs, urethane isolators, with some MM C/C plates- and i am fairly excited to get this car underway... again

I almost got the Race springs but like most people i like the drop of the SS and i won't do any (or at least never have done) autox or road racing. I take it to the strip maybe 3 times a year just for fun, so i thought the SS springs would be fine. Soon i'll get some Bilstien HD or Koni yellow shocks and struts (any inputs?), which i head both compliment these springs well. Then onto rear gears- most likely 4.10s :bigthumbsup

However I was wondering if anybody is running these springs with LT headers and know if they scraped or not? As I am planning on getting LT kooks headers and kooks x pipe.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Not really sure if you'll scrape, but I'd say it's a good posibility. Those springs you got are basically a 2" drop which is the same as the Sportlines I have, and my midpipe has had it's fair share of scrapes. Most of my scraping is due to the fact that I live in BFE and there are a lot of irregular road surfaces I unfortunately have to deal with. When I'm out in civilization it isn't too bad. You'll get used to it; just gotta cross most speedbumps at an angle and watch out for parking blocks or raised walkways when you head into a parking spot so you don't tear the front bumper off. And you know the tank lids at gas stations, how they're typically raised up a little from the surrounding pavement? You'll want to just drive right around those things.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha thanks socal.... i also live in the sticks
i got the H&Rs because they were a 1/4" higher than the sport lines and have a more firm spring rate- good thing i got the iso's as well even though my friend said I didn't need them, otherwise i'd be sitting even lower AND feeling the road even more

i think i should be ok with driving around though; my first car was a 99 jetta that came with cut springs before i replaced them with lowering springs... and it sits lower than my mustang will

looks like i'll be going cat-less mid-pipe so it doesn't get all banged up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts