Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.
Today I finally finished my engine swap from a 98 gt engine to a 01 PI gt engine. It was pretty easy to do all i really had to seriously modify was the water inlet in the valley that goes into the back of the waterpump. The car is seriously faster and even sounds different. Just wanted to mention it.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
maddogg20 said:
Hey everyone.
Today I finally finished my engine swap from a 98 gt engine to a 01 PI gt engine. It was pretty easy to do all i really had to seriously modify was the water inlet in the valley that goes into the back of the waterpump. The car is seriously faster and even sounds different. Just wanted to mention it.
-- congrats! Big change from the NPI motor, isn't it!

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Did you swap a stock motor into the car or did you modify it before you put it in? Good job on getting the whole project done.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Good Job! How long did it take you?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
once I had all the **** that I needed it didnt take more than 2 days and 2 nights. The onlything that i REALLY had to modify was the little metal pipe coming out of the back of the ater pump housing and ino the valley, because the PI intake has longer runners and it will hit the metal pipe. I took a hack saw ans cut it in half to make it shorter and instead of using the metal pipe that the non PI setup used I just got some hi temp rubber heater hose from autozone and hose clamped it on and its been perfect ever since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.