Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving home from work tonight, 3:00 in the morning. This Yellow truck decides he needs to pass the truck thats about 100 yrds ahead of him. I'm cruisin about 70 he's runnin about 55. About a mile later he finally decides to get back over, to bad he already kick up a stone and cracked my window. I could have made it between them but decided not to get to crazy and this is what I got. Next time I'll floor it and get by. This really makes me mad, this is the first new vehicle I've had in 15 yrs. I know its just a window but its a new car and it sucks. Well I done with that rant, on to the good news. I'm going to get my hood back today. I'll try to get some picks up soon.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I try to avoid getting behind those things, but I was trying to take it easy and wait for him to go. It's only about a 2" crack right now by the drivers side edge. May be it can be repaired with out replacing it.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
If you could have got his truck and trailer numbers and licen. numbers you could have complained to the company. The company sometimes takes care of those complaints.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
by no means the trucks fault. and as far as the company paying for it not going to happen. there are people that file false claims daily against trucking companies to try and get there cars fixed. I know I manage over 300 trucks. Everyone hates trucks but they want all the freight they deliver food ,clothing,gas etc. sorry for your windshield but your insurance will fix it under your comp at no charge to you.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Better your windshield than a panel with a dent or scratch. I think the WS is probably the cheapest to replace(which doesn't say much cuz i think it ran me around 350 when I got mine replaced cuz of a crack).

·
Registered
341 Posts
sorry for your windshield but your insurance will fix it under your comp at no charge to you.
Not true unless you have NON DEDUCTIBLE comp. Which now days is very expensive. I know, I don't have it. The last time I had a windshield replaced, on my wife's Jeep Liberty, it cost me $100 deductible.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
actually my girlfriend got a ticket for kicking up a stone and hitting someone elses windshield no lie, she went to court for it and they threw it out and thats the only thing that was on the ticket, it was ridiculous

·
Registered
331 Posts
yeah i feel your pain. ive been hit by rocks from so many of those rock trucks its not even funny. ya know those ones with the two trailers that haul dirt...most of them never ever clean off their trucks so they shower rocks down on everyone on the freeway. i had to replace my windshield last month....went through insurance...100 dollar deductible. the actual cost of a factory carlite windshield was 450 dollars!! insane!! and wouldnt you know, 3 days later....shower of rocks from another truck getting on the freeway.

·
Registered
917 Posts
That sucks...I do have a few chips on the front bumper form rocks that have come up from trucks but none that have made it to the windshield.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know it isn't the trucks fault and I know insurance will cover it, it only a window. It just sucks, when the first new car you buy in 15yrs gets damaged so soon in its life.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I know how you feel. I washed the car yesterday and noticed a dime sized rock chip in the front bumper just below the left headlight. I guess it's time for some touch up paint. I also got a small rock chip in the windshield the first week I got the car.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yellow... Oh man.

Me and those trucks used to battle on my 161 miles of PA Turnpike all of last year in my weekend venture between Ohio and Virginia.

I think my favorite was one of those trucks creeping past another one and then they matched speeds for about 40 miles... no ****.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.