Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Black GT and I was thinking about putting louvers or scoops on it when it finally arrives. Should I decide to remove the louver/scoop a few years down the road, what are the chances that the paint will fade around it and look awful?

Thanks in advance,
Priam

·
Registered
199 Posts
There are several louver styles out there...some just cover the glass and some cover the glass and a portion of the paint. But I don't think you'll get fading or discoloration, not in a few years anyway. Oh yeah, welcome to the site!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just ordered a Black GT and I was thinking about putting louvers or scoops on it when it finally arrives. Should I decide to remove the louver/scoop a few years down the road, what are the chances that the paint will fade around it and look awful?

Thanks in advance,
Priam

Here's what mine looks like. It mounts to the rear window glass, and has notches on the bottom so you can lift it to clean the window. There are a couple of different manufacturers making them. The one on the Saleen PJ has a lower profile than mine here. I thought it looked odd, though, before I had the trunk lid and back panel blacked out.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.