Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, strange title, but here it is...

My friend Courtney has the exact same stang as I do. Same year, same options everything down to the last stitch in the two-tone interior...
But hers is white and mine is black. We always park next to eachother at the student apartments, and we call them Yin(my black stang) and Yang(her white stang) Our mileage is even similar. I have about 30,500 and she's at about 29,800.

Anyways... This morning its freezing and snowing. Her car started up just fine, but mine wouldn't start. It took maybe three minutes of turning over-waiting a second, turning over again-waiting a second... and then my car finally started, then burbled and died. I turned it over again and after a couple seconds it started and I gave it some gas to keep it running.

What I wanna know is... why did hers start and mine didn't? Was it just her lucky day?

thanks

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
mac_mogul said:
Okay, strange title, but here it is...

My friend Courtney has the exact same stang as I do. Same year, same options everything down to the last stitch in the two-tone interior...
But hers is white and mine is black. We always park next to eachother at the student apartments, and we call them Yin(my black stang) and Yang(her white stang) Our mileage is even similar. I have about 30,500 and she's at about 29,800.

Anyways... This morning its freezing and snowing. Her car started up just fine, but mine wouldn't start. It took maybe three minutes of turning over-waiting a second, turning over again-waiting a second... and then my car finally started, then burbled and died. I turned it over again and after a couple seconds it started and I gave it some gas to keep it running.

What I wanna know is... why did hers start and mine didn't? Was it just her lucky day?

thanks
could be your plugs not being gapped right, could be battery connection, could be ice in your fuel system plugging the filter.

My bet is on the last item.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Its the idle air control valve.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Monkey Boy said:
Its the idle air control valve.
How can I solve this? :-/

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks!

But uh, I don't know what or where that is...

Is this something I can have fixed at my dealer?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
mac_mogul said:
Ok thanks!

Take it in for an oil change and mention the problem. they'll check it out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Could this be my problem too? I took my car out on the ice yata yata and nonetheless when i came nback it was idleing rather funny like a little shakey. Went to the bak and listen to the exhaust and its a bit poppy sounding, i thought my car was missfiering maybe its not. Can this be my problem too? Muffled poping noise out the exhaust whats the cause?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
99'StangTx said:
Could this be my problem too? I took my car out on the ice yata yata and nonetheless when i came nback it was idleing rather funny like a little shakey. Went to the bak and listen to the exhaust and its a bit poppy sounding, i thought my car was missfiering maybe its not. Can this be my problem too? Muffled poping noise out the exhaust whats the cause?
could be idle control, but in any case it's the computer trying to control the event. if there's intermittent fuel(due to ice), the engine is trying to figure out what's going on, and it leads to misfire. Same thing if the IAC is out.

Doen't happen much up here, because they put additives in the fuel, but in the south, they don't.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
mac_mogul said:
Ok thanks!

Its really close to the throttle body and its a common problem on Ford products. Your dealer can fix it but its such an easy fix that I would recommend you do it yourself if you've got the tools.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Monkey Boy said:
Its really close to the throttle body and its a common problem on Ford products. Your dealer can fix it but its such an easy fix that I would recommend you do it yourself if you've got the tools.
Okay...

What kind of tools would be involved? I'm pretty sure I can get whatever tools I need from my dad... And, is this a part that I can just pick up at AutoZone? If it is, I'll pick it up today and get things fixed this weekend. Also, I tried googling it last night, but I couldn't find anything relevant...Are there any instructions available for doing this?

Thanks a bunch :)

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
mac_mogul said:
Okay...

What kind of tools would be involved? I'm pretty sure I can get whatever tools I need from my dad... And, is this a part that I can just pick up at AutoZone? If it is, I'll pick it up today and get things fixed this weekend. Also, I tried googling it last night, but I couldn't find anything relevant...Are there any instructions available for doing this?

Thanks a bunch :)
Pick up a haynes manual while you're at autozone.

Did you try the HEET?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.